Old Pirate Pistol Found In Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

NunoFPM

Greenie
Oct 24, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
When of my coolest finds ever it's an old pirate pistol, found it in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, it was in shallow waters 15-17 meters away from the beach.
It was the third day of my vacation in The Caribbeans and being an enthusiastic treasure hunter I decided to try my luck, I was 15 at the time, my mom decided to take this off and just stay at the hotel in the pool, I told her I was going to the beach and swim.
I started at the hotel beach, the sand was white and the water was crystal clear, perfect for some salvaging, took my goggles and went swimming.
I must have have stayed almost 5 hours inside the water going back and forward along the coastline in the shallow water shaking the sand and trying to find something. I was 15-17 meters away from the coast, took a deep breath and went down to the sand and started shaking it, then I saw something brown and with a little piece shinning and started digging, when I took it out I screamed of excitement under water, it was a pirate pistol.
The worst part was trying to get out of the country and in Portugal without getting in prison for arms dealing :laughing7:, my mom said it was an historical piece and she had bough it, after the police realized there was no real danger we went home.
Until today I don't know it's exact origin, but I do believe from the drawings and the carvings that it's from Africa.

Me Holding The Pistol.JPG Old Pirate Pistol (3).jpg Old Pirate Pistol (4).jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
NunoFPM

NunoFPM

Greenie
Oct 24, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
WIT I tried contacting the studio but I wasn't successful, I researched through pictures and watching the movie.

CASPER-2 You mention a good point, but they aren't always under the influence of the curse so as the weapons and swords, also the pistol had been under the water for quite a while so it's not in the best conditions.

dewcon4414 I will try to find a gunsmith but it's pretty hard around here, I don't have much to work with, but I'll try to find one.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ever you find out ..... its still one nice find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread