tesoro compadre
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you talking salt water beach, if so it isn't designed to hunt on salt water beaches unless your staying in the dry sand, anything that has had salt water cover it will have salt minerals and will drive a single freq detector nuts... It will constantly give you false signals....Is that what your talking about?

OP
OP
B

blackrose

Oct 12, 2012
Detector(s) used
tesoro compadre
20121029_151231.jpg

it wasnt all bad, however, i did manage to find this ear ring. doesnt appear to be valuable but at least i got something!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just guessing here, but I think you were probably chasing false signals. By digging you are removing the source of the false signal that is being detected in that location. This could be anything from a concentration of black sand, a rust halo, dense saline, etc.

OP
OP
B

blackrose

Oct 12, 2012
Detector(s) used
tesoro compadre
Are you talking salt water beach, if so it isn't designed to hunt on salt water beaches unless your staying in the dry sand, anything that has had salt water cover it will have salt minerals and will drive a single freq detector nuts... It will constantly give you false signals....Is that what your talking about?

Yes i was hunting in Long beach, cali, so yeah it was a salt water beach, and yes i was detecting where the sand was wet. damnit i wish i had known i wouldn't be able to detect on the beaches with this thing..

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try turning down some down your sensitivity settings or upping the discriminator. But I agree that you will prob have a lot better luck up on the dry sand. This is extremely common. Some machines are much better for wet sand and salt water. Best of luck.

OP
OP
B

blackrose

Oct 12, 2012
Detector(s) used
tesoro compadre
Try turning down some down your sensitivity settings or upping the discriminator. But I agree that you will prob have a lot better luck up on the dry sand. This is extremely common. Some machines are much better for wet sand and salt water. Best of luck.

my machine doesnt have the ability to adjust sensitivity, only knob is the discriminator

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes i was hunting in Long beach, cali, so yeah it was a salt water beach, and yes i was detecting where the sand was wet. damnit i wish i had known i wouldn't be able to detect on the beaches with this thing..

Yep, really need to research before you buy, know what kind of environment you're going to be hunting in. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
B

blackrose

Oct 12, 2012
Detector(s) used
tesoro compadre
Yep, really need to research before you buy, know what kind of environment you're going to be hunting in. :icon_thumright:

well i did do some shopping around, and the compadre seemed to have the most bang for your buck at the entry level. I wasn't about to drop more than 300 on my first detector, as i am still on a steep learning curve for this hobby. I can still hunt the dry sand and i can live with that =]

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i did do some shopping around, and the compadre seemed to have the most bang for your buck at the entry level. I wasn't about to drop more than 300 on my first detector, as i am still on a steep learning curve for this hobby. I can still hunt the dry sand and i can live with that =]

That's actually not a bad plan. Beach machines can get $$$$ unless you can find a good deal on a used one. But they can also be very frustrating without at least some experience. :icon_thumright:

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
blackrose said:
my machine doesnt have the ability to adjust sensitivity, only knob is the discriminator

You can try turning up the discriminator as you are prob picking up iron rich black sand. You can keep turning it up until you stop getting constant bad signals.

Best bet is prob just to stick to the dry sand. Plenty of good hunting to be done there.

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Girl glad to see you got a detector,,WTG:icon_thumleft:you might want to check out you tubes vids and see how other TH-ers work the Tesoro Compadre,wishing you many Treasures,,HH:hello:

OP
OP
B

blackrose

Oct 12, 2012
Detector(s) used
tesoro compadre
kiana7 said:
Hey Girl glad to see you got a detector,,WTG:icon_thumleft:you might want to check out you tubes vids and see how other TH-ers work the Tesoro Compadre,wishing you many Treasures,,HH:hello:

Thanks for the suggestion!

But ....im a man! XD

donkarlos

Sep 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Sov gt, Ctx
I have the tesoro cibola (so similar to yours) and do quite well on trails and freshwater ponds. In freshwater wet sand I've found some coins quite deep. I think you have an a real good detector. Having said that, I don't have tons of luck on salt beaches either, so it can be confusing - I find the tiniest bits of junk but not much treasure. I have noticed when in the black sand areas it goes off like crazy little bips and weak beeps - I imagine this is from the ground balance feature that neither of our detectors have. I also notice when right at the waters edge it happens. Hope this helps.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do not bother hunting the wet sand, your machine will not do well at all there!!!!!!!! hunt the dry sand/towel line area and when you find enough rings to pay for a wet sand/saltwater unit you can do that. you will find enough rings in the dry sand! very important!!!!!!!!........experiment with gold rings of different sizes and kt to see what gold sounds like. your machine will also find thin gold chains that others wont!!!
good luck! this is your mission should you choose to accept it!
chuck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions