Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, another almost ridiculous day.

Drinking my morning coffee I thought about where to go detect today. Close at hand were the gold bracelet and sterling ring I found recently. They are both old and the were pretty deep in the wet sand. Right then and there I decided that there must be more and returned to that beach.

The unusual condition is a gravel substratum which apparently contains the old "stuff". My first half hour was not very productive just a lot of iron. I went up a bit higher on the slope and turned back. Very strangely not many coins. Then...from not that deep...maybe 5"..what looked like a ring (or pulltab). A quick silent prayer which was answered promptly when I took a close look. Small diamonds, perhaps 20 of them and it was gold for sure...but no markings. It's a small ring at 1.5 grams.

What a great feeling with that ring in my special valuables pocket. It was too early to quit so I continued on. Another ring, silvery this time in my scoop. A silent prayer...but unfortunately it turned into a key ring. A few bits and pieces of junk jewelery gave me some encouragement. Then from about another 5" a ring and no prayer necessary this time..it was a ring with rubies! It has a very old and interesting appearance. Very light at 0.94 grams but a keeper.

I have a "TOO DOO" list (more serious than a "To Do" list) that I review each evening. The last item I had on there for today was: Find Gold. Tonight I can scratch that one off (but of course it is back on for tomorrow)..

There's something spookily different and interesting about my new White's Surfmaster Dual Field ... it finds Gold with an almost ridiculous regularity! DSC01274a sm.jpg DSC01271a sm.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul!!

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice! That new detector is being very good to you!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice post Joe. :icon_thumleft: I like the Too Doo list thing.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id say the Dr is in.... the money and a darn good stop. Nice finds. You keep finding that stuff you are going to push me into that DF im really wanting.

Dew

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the 2 nice gold ring finds Dr. Joe.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010