Fridays Digs

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• digs2.jpg
    digs2.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With that variety of finds Im surprised you didnt get gold...you even got the heavy lead sinkers...makes you wonder if people are losing gold anymore...nah,its out there somewhere, it just seems to come in streaks, youll get it soon...good luck.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With that variety of finds Im surprised you didnt get gold...you even got the heavy lead sinkers...makes you wonder if people are losing gold anymore...nah,its out there somewhere, it just seems to come in streaks, youll get it soon...good luck.

The beach is a very strange lady right now. I think part of the problem is that we had so much sand over here to begin with before Sandy. It appears we lost some sand but we had so much over burden to begin with on the lower half of the beach Sandy just moved "some of it". This, to me anyway, explains why most of the targets are confined to the upper half of the beach, because there was less additional summer over burden there so what sand got removed provided a significant enough change. Not the same effect on the lower half due to so much additional sand already being there. What got removed from the upper beach just got relocated to the lower beach which explains why there's so so few targets down below. Makes sense to me anyway. :dontknow:

captaindoug

May 1, 2011
Your explanation makes sense to me, my buddy and I did NSB yesterday afternoon, lots of clad up high and very few targets down low at low tide. One junker earring and a few bucks in change.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your explanation makes sense to me, my buddy and I did NSB yesterday afternoon, lots of clad up high and very few targets down low at low tide. One junker earring and a few bucks in change.

It's the same thing all along the beach, from the inlet to 3 miles south of 27th. However, the further south you go the more sand you'll encounter up on the higher beach....."very soft beach" down that way.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice finds... & great coin count, bigscoop!

Lorraine

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds... & great coin count, bigscoop!

Lorraine

A little over 300 coins in about 15 hours hunting time, so no lack of targets for sure. But only 12 pieces of jewelry and only 5 of those are silver, no gold at all. Coins are mostly crusted, red & green or black. Very strange so little jewelry. :dontknow: Maybe only a half dozen pull tabs and just a few bottle caps, yet very few lead weights. :icon_scratch: "I'm so confused!" Sandy is messing with my head. :laughing7:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice dig but the gold give the nice flavor. Dont worry my friend, the gold come back for you soon. I sure.

TxMike

Mar 6, 2005
Columbus, Tx
Detector(s) used
White's
Fisher
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Let's hope Sandy piled all those heavy gold rings in one long smooth line for you to find later!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beach is a very strange lady right now. I think part of the problem is that we had so much sand over here to begin with before Sandy. It appears we lost some sand but we had so much over burden to begin with on the lower half of the beach Sandy just moved "some of it". This, to me anyway, explains why most of the targets are confined to the upper half of the beach, because there was less additional summer over burden there so what sand got removed provided a significant enough change. Not the same effect on the lower half due to so much additional sand already being there. What got removed from the upper beach just got relocated to the lower beach which explains why there's so so few targets down below. Makes sense to me anyway. :dontknow:
You always hear this word for me: Any beach is anywhere much gold.

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Thanks for sharing . Looks like you were busy. Gold should be close by. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread