MASSIVE GOLD RING !

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yesterday, I talked Dad into getting here today at early dark O'Clock... That was so that we could make the tide, as we would be working backwards ... the tide was rising in the area that I wanted so badly to hunt.... I desperately needed to get there, before everything got sanded in after the Huricane......I hunted there the other day, but was absolutely drained from hunting in the wind all day, we called it a day, after 6 hours and over $25.00 in coins in the wet sand..... and to boot, they were mostly deep coins in the rocks.....it was brutal digging.....and for all of our effort, we scored 4 rings. 2 sterling, 1 small 10K Gold signet ring and a junker with a cubie in it.... Today was to be a different story....Dad being almost 82 years young, was having a little trouble walking all the way to my destination, so I stopped very short of the area I wanted to hunt.... we collected quite a few coins, but the cold north air was beating him up, so we headed to a smaller beach with the wind to our backs.... He stayed in the truck this round, and after about an hour, I hadn't much coins, but got a very nice sterling rope ring... Off to the place that held all the goodies.... tide was now out half way, and out of the truck we went. I said hello to an older guy out the water, he nodded and on his way he went... In about knee deep water, rite in back of the old gent, I pulled a huge 14K GOLD UNITED STATED NAVAL ACADEMY RING... dated 1977.... (No inscription) It has 2 smaller diamonds ....one on each side of the ring....I couldn't get to Dad fast enough to show it to him... I think he said something like Holy @%$%* .... LOLOL This make 2 fantastic rings from this area this year... the other being with diamonds too... Got a few more coins, and another antique sterling ring with an enamel face, to make 3 rings for the day... Oh by the way, the ring weighs in at a whopping 30.2 GRAMS Thanks for looking... Happy Hunting:icon_thumleft: Beach (2).JPG Beach (4).JPG Surf Beach (6).JPG View attachment 695378 Beach (3).JPG

Attachments

• Beach (5).JPG
    Beach (5).JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
That is one gorgeous gold ring find!:wav::headbang::wav:

Lorraine

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
You have been making Once-in-a-lifetime finds every time you go out hunting. You da man!! Dreams are made to come true every day. Papa

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring! Even sweeter there is no inscription! Reminds me of the West Point class ring I found/returned 2 years ago. You have to love those service academy guys.

I'm all about the money...When I found the USMA ring I did a little research. West Point has an organization that will pay a bounty on found rings and if the owner cannot be located the rings are returned to the manufacturer to be smelted and used in the making of rings for the new graduating class. They even have a museum display of rings from prominent alumni.

Unfortunately for me the kid who's ring I found had his full name inscribed and he was easily enough to find via the internet.

Again awesome find!!!

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Masonic emblem on it but from the Naval Academy

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to say another Banner find - cause of the beauty and weight of it - super find man superman.gif
Keep riding that gold wave wave.gif

supposed to try and get out in that direction with my gal next sunday & monday if the weathers good

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations!!
695661d1332650580-sanys-good-me-4-days-worth-gold-party0003.gif
Storm sandy out the big gold!! So my finds is nothing to your finds U.S
I come back soon.

TxMike

Mar 6, 2005
Columbus, Tx
Detector(s) used
White's
Fisher
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Bitter sweet on the ring. You know the guy is crushed to have lost it...but with no inscription, well, finders keepers!

NYwaterhunter

Jul 23, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To have Dad with you is just as good as finding that ring!
Gary G.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one BIG gold Masonic ring!
Nice find! Gold Nuggets :hello:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent honker ring find Whydah, your killin it.:icon_thumleft:

WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a awesome ring!!!! CONGRATS.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this ring should get a bunch of banner votes -(theres not enough banner finds from this forum up there)
this ring is 30+ grams
worth $30+ dollar a gram
its not only a pretty ring but a pretty hunk of gold
lets give it some banner votes :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
If it made the Banner that would be 2 banner finds in the same week for me... ok now I am asking for too much....Thanks for all the votes though....I can dream big...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a monster...Id like to hold that thing in my hand...congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread