Im a Dummy... I lost my charging adapter for Excal 1000.

tommy7

Greenie
Apr 9, 2010
I'm a Dummy... I lost my charging adapter for Excal 1000.

Hello Folks,
I have been out of detecting for a while now and am happy to finaly be getting back into the saddle ;)

I'm a Dummy :icon_scratch:... I lost my charging adapter for Excal 1000. Is there another way of charging my machine or do I need to order a new adapter? Thanks All, Tommy

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Order the adapter or get a AA battery pack....

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The adapter is like 40 bucks. I would just get banana plugs and push them in the holes and charge it that way. You just need to make sure the polarity is correct. A simple check with a multi meter will show you positive negitive. Once you set it up this way it will be as simple as the adapter and it should cost about 2.49 for the plugs at RS.
BCNJ

OP
OP
T

tommy7

Greenie
Apr 9, 2010
Hey BCNJ,
Where can I find the adapter for $40.00... Thanks, Tommy

The adapter is like 40 bucks. I would just get banana plugs and push them in the holes and charge it that way. You just need to make sure the polarity is correct. A simple check with a multi meter will show you positive negitive. Once you set it up this way it will be as simple as the adapter and it should cost about 2.49 for the plugs at RS.
BCNJ

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Hey BCNJ,
Where can I find the adapter for $40.00... Thanks, Tommy
I have seen then on Ebay for 39.99 from time to time. This is not a detector dealer as they want a price of 74.99 that's just silly! You don't need to screw the thing in anyway. Just make yourr own it's really simple.
BCNJ

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
If battery hasnt been charged in yrs it may not be good! I sure would find out before spending to much.
Steve :-)

OP
OP
T

tommy7

Greenie
Apr 9, 2010
BCNJ,
Yeah, I am going to take your advice and just get some alligator clips.
Steve, I ordered a new battery and peak charger off ebay today ($56.00). I should be grabbing gold gold gold....soon! Hahaha Thanks guys! Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread