Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Gold of The Dual Field - One Month's Worth

Hope this doesn't jinx me ... but I had to do a family portrait of my Dual Field's Gold successes..about 48.44 grams total.

I DO Love my Dual Field!

DSC01301ab.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DrJoePrime

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Wow...A little surprise for me when a post from 2012 pops up again!

Those finds were from primarily beaches within about 3 miles from me...specifically Seal and Long Beach. The exception is the 1st one, a baby ring found at Corona Del Mar.

I now have another Dual Field ...possibly not quite as hot. The original one had an "ear" problem...which I fixed but it failed again.

Getting possibly too lengthy here...but I also now have a Garrett ATX. It is much deeper than the DF ...but not as productive. The ATX is HORRIBLY heavy...comes with a swing strap (which I lost). So..I started going to the gym and actually got to the point of swinging that ATX for 3 or 4 hours comfortably.

Sad to say...though....I overdid it with the Dual Field back when we had the rain and a lot of erosion. I went straight to detecting after my yoga class. No lunch..no rest. and detected for a good 5 hours straight. My right shoulder was complaining but the detecting was so good (thousands of coins) that I persisted and over-did it. I was babying the shoulder for the next few days.Then while on the rowing machine at the gym...same weight as the last 9 months...something went b o i n g in the front olf my shoulder. Was a bit painful but I was careful and it seemed to get better but detecting was very difficult..even with the Dual Field which is not really heavy....OK better fast forward to a few days ago...Tying my shoelaces I jerked my shoelaces tight and my right bicep went p o p! SO the bicep looks swollen and sensitive and today I notice a bruise forming. Have no idea what is going on...and it looks like a visit to urgent care tomorrow is on my agenda.

As a retired engineer I can appreciate the punishment the shoulders can receive as we hold a metal detector out in front of us. A lot of stress on that joint!

I had an especially good early 2016 and hopefully will be able to write it up on here as I recuperate.

OP
OP
DrJoePrime

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
So a quick update: Torn bicep muscle. Getting an orthopedic doctor tomorrow to find out my options. Surgery or heal by itself. Meanwhile I'll be practicing left handed swinging!

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Joe...Did ya make the move? Haven't talked to ya in awhile. HH GFP

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
I wish you a speedy recovery and health!
So a quick update: Torn bicep muscle. Getting an orthopedic doctor tomorrow to find out my options. Surgery or heal by itself. Meanwhile I'll be practicing left handed swinging!

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
That's why we have two arms - when one goes we can use the other to swing the detector...you want to only pick-up the gold and silver for awhile. I actually tore off my short head bicep muscle from my left (dominant) arm while golfing. It took a year before I could raise my arm a certain way and even today, 4 yrs later, I have what they call a "Pop-eye muscle" and you can visually tell muscle tissue is missing from my upper arm...never to fully recover and not rich enough for surgery. May you have a better outcome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread