Post Sandy finds Daytona area

surfhunter

Sep 25, 2011
FL NATIVE
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark+ Excal.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of coins and sinkers but no rings. Gold pendant is about the size of a dime. Two small silver, a bead and pendant. Never found a sqare brass or bronze spike before pretty intresting especially the area I found it at. Anyhow this is the first gold found by the Excal 2, and I've had it for a year now, not impressed might take the Sand Shark back out of the closet!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    769.8 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I've noticed, I hunt mainly the blue collar beaches and there seems to be less gold being worn and lost. The beach vendors are all down for the year as are most of the beach area shops. I know two jewelry shop owners who have told me their sales of gold jewelry has also been in very noticeable decline over the past three to four years. Refineries have been seeing a steady increase in scrap gold due to the current higher prices. So I think part of the problem is simple economics, there's just not as much of it being worn and lost during these hard times.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice dig!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread