Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a PM yesterday asking if i was still hunting..... i think they ment finding anything.... so to the person that asked, yes. Got these yesterday during a road trip. The cross is 14K at 12.5 grams the stones are CZ..... odd the ring is a .925 and had been gold plated 11.9 grams.... funny thing is there are 44 small stone and my diamond tester says they are real.... go figure. Spent a lot of time looking for that chain.... darn i can find these pieces and NEVER find the chains that has to be huge.... where the heck do they go? Im just to lazy most of the time to post and not finding a lot anyway.

Dew

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the finds, you are doing a lot better than me. Everywhere I've gone lately is sanded in badly.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Nice finds! Keep on keepin' on and the finds will come.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice diggs!!!

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I talked to a guy on the beach last year who was just covered in gold jewelry, including Rolex watch. He said that the day before he was playing in the surf with his grandson and his heavy gold neck chain with a one ounce 18k horse pendant caught on his watch and broke the clasp on the chain. He was able to catch the chain but the horse got away. The loss was too deep in the water for the land detector I had with me at the time and I was going out of town on vacation the next day, so two weeks later when I got home a friend had found the horse. The guy who lost it never gave me his name or contact information although I told him I would look for it when I returned. A long story to say, it is easier for someone to catch the broken chain than it is the cross, so the chain you were looking for may not actually have been lost. Great hunt though and I would be happy with it. Blessings, Papa

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No disappointment in the find, but i just seem to get these and not the chains. I know many chains dont produce a decent tone either.... but i was hunting in PP looking for it.... oh well, next time. I hear ya Les..... the beaches here look like they did before the last big one. Nice for beach goers..... but not so much for us. This could be a tuff winter out there finds wise. Time will tell. Les.... you will get yours my man.... you find that stuff like you grow it lol.

dew

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold chains are tough, almost worm-like. Seems I only find them once the beach has been cut fairly deep (excluding very recent losses).

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it would depend on size and weight..... but a heavy one id think would hit the sand out there and not go to far. However, with much water movement i can see one being covered up fairly quickly. Wouldnt take much sand over one to make them difficult for the Xcal to find.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread