Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wet/dry sand hunting (Im a water guy - you rarely will ever see me on land at a beach) - yesterday after getting 2 gold on sunday
- could not decide where to go
my girlfriend wanted to take a drive and check out some of the shore that had been ravaged by Sandy - we ended up heading to RI
we tried to get into a few spots I got gold at this year - but most were blocked off still - some were sanded in
we ended driving by one beach that was be bulldozed and cleaned up - filled in - but a 3rd of it was still untouched
we pulled over - there was a good size trough - I looked and saw 2 guys using one machine way off to the side hitting the dry sand
could tell they were newbies cause they had no headphones
but they looked like they were digging alot so decided to give it a try in the water filled trough with my wet boots on
The first 5 targets were coins - then got a little slaw - i figured that beach was probably hit by locals but i was still gettin coins they missed
I was hoping to get some jewelry they missed but after 1 1/2 hrs - I just had alot of pennies a few quarters and a couple of dimes
but I was getting targets - I got a loud blast and kicked up the silver bracelet - about 10 ft away I got another loud blast
instead of using the scoop - i gave wet sand a kick and heard a blip as it flew across my scoop
I looked down and told my girl "i think i kicked it over near you" then i said "hey is that a ring" she said yup and looked it over
it was gold in color but a little rough - she said it says 18k inside - i said you sure its not 10k - it should be more yellow
if 18k - she said i see 18k - alas when we got back to the car - i got loupe out - 18k GE
it has a stone similar to that of bracelet - got to wonder if lost by same person
was finding coins still but then my gal started doing the pee-pee dance and asked if we could go and come back
so we ran down the street and made a pit stop - all the beach facilities were closed of course
we came back and all the parking spots in the area we were in were taken
we had to park farther down where they were doing repairs already
got out and did a quick step towards the rougher area tide was coming in fast- I got a hit and dug up another can part - went a little farther and got another blast
and thought it was another can part - was shocked when I saw nice large white gold band sitting in my scoop
my girlfriend was sitting on a cement wall but she saw me looking the ring over and she knew I had something good
she came down and asked "did you get something good?" I handed her the ring - she could not believe
I got a good one already - now had we not left or were we able to park where i was- I would have never got
this find - so you never know how fate works sometimes
- I got some more pennies - this beach is really shallow and when tide comes in
it flies in - so within an hour - the good area was under water
but I was happy again - especially for not really having a plan
told some friends down in that area - that there is still stuff there and they should get in there before they cover it up
nov12.JPG nov12cas.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on a side note - band is a mans ring
it has the word Faith inside it
I recently lost an aunt a few weeks ago that I was very close to - Her name was Faith
spooky

Bigpoppa

Feb 11, 2012
Dirty Jerzee
Detector(s) used
ML Excal II
ML Sov GT
Compass 77B
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You landlubber you...you better stop now or you are going to lose those sea legs... :D

CONGRATS on another great hunt and nice story...

Sorry to hear about your Aunt :(

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
junk from hunt
nov12junk.JPG

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
good hunt. weird to see 2 tiger eye finds in one hunt. congrats!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tigers eyes were about 10 feet apart - wonder if they were from same blanket maybe

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just goes to prove that your Aunt is still "with" you. :angel2: Sorry for your loss.

Nice finds, as usual!

HH,
Anita

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest: