Minelab Excalibur 1 (one) Battery pods

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
I have an excellent metal detector that I took care of so it would last. Have used it for eleven years, in the US, in the Bahamas; and in some of the U.S. Hawaiin Islands. Suddenly, the mfg. decides to stop making replacement Nicad battery packs for it. Here is my response to this lame business decision... I will not buy an upgraded model of the same just because the mfg. decides to play hardball and stop producing battery packs for the Excal 1. I promoted this company and convinced others to buy and use these detectors-both the Minelab Excalibur and the Explorer. If any of you are facing this same dilemma with the Excalibur 1 and purchased it from my advice, then I publicly apologize to you. Furthermore, if I have to buy another underwater detector because of this stunt, it will not be from Minelab--because I guarantee if they do this once, they will do it again... Be prepared Excal 2 users!

Now, to save them from further embarrassment, I need to purchase after-market Nicad packs for Excal 1 because I have no information that the newer Excal 2 Nimh packs will connect to and work with the Excal 1. Neither do I wish to go to Joe Smoes battery store and have him build me one after I negotiate and pay an extraordinary cost. Simply put, I need to know who makes and sells these. I want to buy them over the counter without awaiting bionic reconstruction of a product that should still be on the market. I just want to charge it up; hook it up; and spend my time detecting--not twittling my thumbs and waiting for a rebuilt. Where can I buy them over the counter and spend my time detecting? Also, I read in someone's post that, these can be purchased where some can be opened to place the over-the-counter alkalines therein, then resealed for underwater use. I have been told these will last up to 25 hrs. That would be a first... Someone please send me a source to obtain these pods.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread