Quickly needing help ebay on purchase, ASAP... please!

netling

Jan 12, 2005
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to purchase a metal detector that has been listed here for some time in the classified section:

Excalibur 1000 with hipmount and custom straight rod - with 86 views - posted on December 27, 2004, 08:56:44 AM - by Surfmaster

Just wanted to know if any of you have any insider information to this? I just one and auction on ebay and the seller I** L*** seems more concerned about getting the money then anything else. The photo on ebay was the exact same on used here on the site, so I am assuming it is the same, see attached image.

Please note that the *** have been used to retain the privacy of the individual at this time.

Any information and help is appreciated. You can contact me directly at ( c mason at net ling DOT com<- put it all together to make it work.)

Thank in advance,
Charles Mason

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 391
Upvote 0

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be wary. The seller could have copped the photo from here and set up a phony auction. I have seen this done many times on ebay for high dollar antique bamboo fly rods. I would email the guy who has the pic here in the classifieds and see if he is the seller from ebay. What's his history at ebay? Check him out good and if he checks out then send him a postal money order with signature conformation delivery and hope for the best. Good luck 8) Nice Detector btw!?

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
ebay has a feedback system to gauge honesty. Does he have a lot of positive feedback? This doesn't always work (ask Coinshooter), but it is a big factor in who I purchase from. If he is the real deal, he won't mind sending you NEW pictures with dates on the photos. Unless he is a master at photo trickery, you can tell if he's being honest. Beware that if you don't pay in a respectable timeframe, he could give you negative feedback, too. These issues should have been addressed prior to your bidding. Once you bid, it is a binding contract. Hope it works out well for you :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He looks OK. I checked his feedback, he has alot of good feedback. only 2 neg's . he was accused of selling a broken detector awhile ago. but if you read the comments. the guy who bought it didn't complain till long after. I THINK (Hope) you'll do OK ; jeff.

W

wepc

If he has good feedback you will be fine. I just bought a Surfmaster 2 off Ebay and it worked out great.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask ebay for his contact info. Call him on the phone and then you can at least judge a little better what you may be getting. BTW, the guy I was trying to get my $ back finally did pay up, but only after I filed an on-line fraud complaint with the FBI and located some of his work #'s and started calling them. He was lucky because I had just located his wifes work # and I was going to start bugging her at work next. Women can have a very infuential influence on their husbands when they don't want some stranger calling them at work. LOL. 8)
I spent way too much time on my situation. One suggestion I would have for you (but it's probably way too late now) that I can leave at least as advice, is hook up with an escrow company when buying large items (see ebay info about this). This way you get to get the item and inspect it before the escrow company releases the money on your side to the seller. If theres nothing wrong with the detector, then they should have no problem agreeing to this. I would do this with all electronics that I bought off of ebay. 8) 8)

A

ashton9

Holy Cow Coinshooter! Never mind the FBI, but the guy?s wife? The seller must have really tried to screw you. I?m quite active on Ebay, and everyone should remember, there will be another item for sale. Don?t buy if it doesn?t feel right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread