Beach Hunting Question???

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont know about alabama, but 99% of florida's can be humted any time....

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in FL. you can not hunt any State or Fed. park in the water.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida law requires you to stay between the mean high and mean low tide areas on the beach. The dunes are considered private property.

OP
OP
Wily Dunk

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all.. Good info to know.. I'm planning a trip later this year and don't want to get a fine or worse, go to jail and get my gear confiscated.. Thanks again..

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone get this right on FL and State Parks. Ive been told you can hunt the beach.... but NOT in the water. Does each park make its own rules? I ask that because i KNOW of an expensive ring lost in less than knee deep water at a local state park. Guess i just need to go ask for myself since this is a friend of a family member. This is where i got my info: http://www.fmdac.org/parks/parks.htm

Dew

Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most Parks will work with someone in your situation and ask that you get their permission and basically check in and out. They will give you a written OK to keep with you for the day that details why your detecting. I've seen that done in Parks that otherwise don't allow detecting. That was on dry land however.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might be wrong but my personal experience in Parks is that its sometimes Better to quietly do what you do and be done and gone rather than call attention to yourself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions