Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nj is one of the only places on the east coast where you have to pay to get onto a beach. Long a contentious debate as to why NJ residents who pay for the upkeep of these beaches thru taxes are then forced to pay a users fee to enjoy them.

Metal Detecting, from May thru September, along the Jersey Coast can get expensive. With the exceptions of the Wildwoods, and AC, all towns along the coast require beach tags. Most of us buy seasonal tags that run from $20 per season per town and higher. Daily tags run $8 to $15. Add in parking which ranges from $10 to $20 a day in most places and it starts to add up.

One of the problems is, no tag, no access. You might make it onto the beach, but will get thrown off if discovered without a tag. This becomes a problem if you've forgotten your tag. Which you usually aren't aware of until the beach police stop you and ask to see it. THis forces you off the beach or to buy a daily tag. A typical season will have me buy tags for three towns, along with a 1/2 dozen daily tags for forgetfulness. DAH factor tags!!!!

The towns rake in millions of dollars via beach tags.

THis could change:

http://www.northjersey.com/news/NJ_legislator_Free_beach_access_for_storm_aid.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Communism is ugly, isn't it.

S.D. This comment is not correct."One of the problems is, no tag, no access. You might make it onto the beach, but will get thrown off if discovered without a tag"
If the person who posted this was a fisherman he would know his statement is not 100%
correct. I'm sure he'll use his Google button and fig. it out.

OP
OP
Native Floridian

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
All the close free parking areas are done until Labor Day now here. I am too cheap to pay for parking, but am lucky I can still park for free that is close enough to walk to the beach!:hello2:

I hear ya Ron!! Me too! I hate to pay to park! WE have a place on the beach that we rent, so parking not a problem if we want to hunt right the back door, which is what we usually do. But, moving up or down the island we are no more than tourist. On weekends parking goes to $20 in some spots.

We are down towards the southern end of the island. One of my suburban neighbors owned a place at the north end of our prime hunting area until a month ago. Sold it and moving to FLorida. So there goes the free parking there!

Hunting location depends not only on tides, time of day, and beach conditions, but parking cost and availability.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Native Floridian

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
AL, funny you should bring up fishing! I do fish. But only surf fish spring and fall. So, access without a tag has never come up. Besides most of that time is on IBSP where the beach buggy permit covers everything.

Al, that pic you posted last year of the string of fish you caught, flounder or fluke? I can't remember? Only that it was an impressive haul! Of course either way it was problematic. If it was fluke, then all the fish were shorts. if it was Flounder, ya went a little over the two per person limit. Still, no judgements from me. Not only impressive but educational. Now i know why it takes me 15 shorts to catch a legal fish. If we take fish while they are babies they don't have time to grow into legal sized fish. Maybe that's the reason for size and possession limits?

Not only do i fish, but i know the rules and obey them!

Last edited:

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AL, funny you should bring up fishing! I do fish. But only surf fish spring and fall. So, access without a tag has never come up. Besides most of that time is on IBSP where the beach buggy permit covers everything.

Al, that pic you posted last year of the string of fish you caught, flounder or fluke? I can't remember? Only that it was an impressive haul! Of course either way it was problematic. If it was fluke, then all the fish were shorts. if it was Flounder, ya went a little over the two per person limit. Still, no judgements from me. Not only impressive but educational. Now i know why it takes me 15 shorts to catch a legal fish. If we take fish while they are babies they don't have time to grow into legal sized fish. Maybe that's the reason for size and possession limits?

Not only do i fish, but i know the rules and obey them!

I’m not going waste my breath responding
to you. Maybe someone else will, that actually
fishes N.J. waters will explain it to you.

I will tell you this, you have a lot of FLIPIN
Nerve insinuating that I BREAK the LAW when I fish.

OP
OP
Native Floridian

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
I’m not going waste my breath responding
to you. Maybe someone else will, that actually
fishes N.J. waters will explain it to you.

I will tell you this, you have a lot of FLIPIN
Nerve insinuating that I BREAK the LAW when I fish.

Yeah, maybe they will. But i fish NJ waters all the time. Surf fish and use an 18 foot Whaler. Inside, outside, inlets, yeah, we cover all the bases. Clams. bunker, squid, bucktails, poppers, alvas you name it, what ever's getting the job done we are on it! But in Fluke season we fish barbless and with circle hooks because most of the catch is thrown back. No sense throwing them back if you kill them landing them. I mean we had on outing last year where we caught 60 fluke drifting Little Egg Inlet and went home with three. Of course you know more about this stuff than i do.

Al, your usual response is. "I've got the link to prove you are not telling the truth." OK, let's see it. if it's not the right pic i can dig up the link.

BTW, you didn't answer the question: Fluke or Flounder?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Native Floridian

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Back on beach tags $20 for seasonal OC until the 31st then $25.

It's not a communist plot, but Christie didn't help by backing down on tying Sandy help to beach access.

Last edited:

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ll keep this short. What I said before
I won’t waste to much of my time on you.
If you fished in N.J. you would know how to access the beach
without a beach badge. LEAGALLY!
My thread with the days catch was not posted on this forum,
It was on the forum you were booted from twice. Feel free to post what ever
Link you want. Now you tell me were they Fluke or Flounder?
After all you’re the expert on every topic under the sun.

I’ll tell you this every fish in that picture was legal.
Listen up now one more time. Don’t you ever accuses me of taking illegal game fish
again. Do you understand me?

It looks you have been fishing for five years??? Never to late to start but get your facts correct.

Perfect water temp?

Tsunami Airwave ?

Any of these post look familiar Mr. expert

Yeah, maybe they will. But i fish NJ waters all the time. Surf fish and use an 18 foot Whaler. Inside, outside, inlets, yeah, we cover all the bases. Clams. bunker, squid, bucktails, poppers, alvas you name it, what ever's getting the job done we are on it! But in Fluke season we fish barbless and with circle hooks because most of the catch is thrown back. No sense throwing them back if you kill them landing them. I mean we had on outing last year where we caught 60 fluke drifting Little Egg Inlet and went home with three. Of course you know more about this stuff than i do.

Al, your usual response is. "I've got the link to prove you are not telling the truth." OK, let's see it. if it's not the right pic i can dig up the link.

BTW, you didn't answer the question: Fluke or Flounder?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Native Floridian

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
I’ll keep this short. What I said before
I won’t waste to much of my time on you.
If you fished in N.J. you would know how to access the beach
without a beach badge. LEAGALLY!
My thread with the days catch was not posted on this forum,
It was on the forum you were booted from twice. Feel free to post what ever
Link you want. Now you tell me were they Fluke or Flounder?
After all you’re the expert on every topic under the sun.

I’ll tell you this every fish in that picture was legal.
Listen up now one more time. Don’t you ever accuses me of taking illegal game fish
again. Do you understand me?

It looks you have been fishing for five years??? Never to late to start but get your facts correct.

Perfect water temp?

Tsunami Airwave ?

Any of these post look familiar Mr. expert

Wow!!! You are quite the stalker! I don't know whether to be impressed or scared! What next my AMEX card number?

Al, just post a pic of the fish. Those responding called them flounder and you didn't correct them. But I thought they were fluke. Doesn't matter, either too small or too many. I do have my facts straight!

Surely if you can find posts i've made 5 years ago on other sites, you can dig up that post from the other site. I will point out to you that your attached links are to other sites.

Repost and explain the pic to the non fisherman here. if i'm wrong i'll man up and apologise.

Repost the pic or consider yourself busted!

And maybe up the meds.

Scary! Whew!

OH and btw, we still have the boat. More or less, sold it to my brother. Sweet heart deal so we both use it. But he is responsible for it. Went in the water three weeks ago. I'm guessing you've searched every marina in Jersey and can even tell everyone our slip number.

Last edited:

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you live by do as I say not as I do.
You lurk that other site non stop, so you go right
ahead and pull that picture up. When you lurk it's ok

when someone else does their a stalker.

Wow!!! You are quite the stalker! I don't know whether to be impressed or scared! What next my AMEX card number?

Al, just post a pic of the fish. Those responding called them flounder and you didn't correct them. But I thought they were fluke. Doesn't matter, either too small or too many. I do have my facts straight!

Surely if you can find posts i've made 5 years ago on other sites, you can dig up that post from the other site. I will point out to you that your attached links are to other sites.

Repost and explain the pic to the non fisherman here. if i'm wrong i'll man up and apologise.

Repost the pic or consider yourself busted!

And maybe up the meds.

Scary! Whew!

OH and btw, we still have the boat. More or less, sold it to my brother. Sweet heart deal so we both use it. But he is responsible for it. Went in the water three weeks ago. I'm guessing you've searched every marina in Jersey and can even tell everyone our slip number.

Last edited:

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trust me I never want to meet you.

I think you're the one busted here.

You've been going off at the mouth here for what
two years now? MAKE A DONATION ALREADY!

A lunch you pay for always taste better then a free one. :-)

Speaking of stalking does your neighbor know you told
the whole world she works for FOX NEWS???

Does she know you're peering out the window at 5 am
watching her get in the limo????

Now who's the stalker???

Last edited:
OP
OP
Native Floridian

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Yeah Al, and you lurk all the Jersey MD FB pages, so what! I lurk the MD sites to see what's what. I think we all do that. i also lurk the fishing sites to see what's working there. I also go on NJ tides, accuweather and intellicast. Most of us do this. At least most that I know. You do it yourself. But if i do it you find evil in it.

How about posting links to some of my Ironbutt misadventures?

Truthfully i don't care about the fish - I laughed when i saw it. Not at you but that no one else caught it. Post that pic on the fishing site you linked in and they would have drilled you a new one!!!

Post the pic blow me away!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Native Floridian

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
trust me I never want to meet you.

I think you're the one busted here.

You've been going off at the mouth here for what
two years now? MAKE A DONATION ALREADY!

A lunch you pay for always taste better then a free one. :-)

Speaking of stalking does your neighbor know you told
the whole world she works for FOX NEWS???

Does she know you're peering out the window at 5 am
watching her get in the limo????

Now who's the stalker???

LOL!!!!!!

You are too funny!!!

Post the pic and send me away already. Put me in my place! Even i'm getting tired of this.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Al, and you lurk all the Jersey MD FB pages, so what! I lurk the MD sites to see what's what. I think we all do that. i also lurk the fishing sites to see what's working there. I also go on NJ tides, accuweather and intellicast. Most of us do this. At least most that I know. You do it yourself. But if i do it you find evil in it.

How about posting links to some of my Ironbutt misadventures?

Truthfully i don't care about the fish - I laughed when i saw it. Not at you but that no one else caught it. Post that pic on the fishing site you linked in and they would have drilled you a new one!!!

Post the pic blow me away!
How do you know how many people were fishing with him? You caught 60 fluke in one day and you cant tell a fluke from a flounder? LMAO.

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know how many people were fishing with him? You caught 60 fluke in one day and you cant tell a fluke from a flounder? LMAO.

Unbelievable isn't it?!!! I guess he's not as smart as he thinks he is.

OP
OP
Native Floridian

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Thank you lookindown. Still got your nose out of joint over your reading comp problem on the confederate flag thing?

And here you go again. Follow along. Al is saying i can't tell the difference. What i said was i couldn't remember what they were. This pic was posted last year.

Let me ask you this: What fish would you be catching in NJ in July? Fluke or flounder?

60 with three people on the boat fishing. Not even close to a record day for catches but a record for keepers. Record low. Which is why it sticks out in memory.

lookindown, the question you should be asking is: Why isn't Al posting the pic of the fish?

This guy hates me and could put me down with one picture. Yet?

Last edited:

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and yet he's telling you to go pull up the picture!
feel free! knock your self out with that picture!

You made mention of your stalking of my post
now pull it up and give us all a lesson on the fish in the picture.

Come on do it!

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you lookindown. Still got your nose out of joint over your reading comp problem on the confederate flag thing?

And here you go again. Follow along. Al is saying i can't tell the difference. What i said was i couldn't remember what they were. This pic was posted last year.

Let me ask you this: What fish would you be catching in NJ in July? Fluke or flounder?

60 with three people on the boat fishing. Not even close to a record day for catches but a record for keepers. Record low. Which is why it sticks out in memory.

lookindown, the question you should be asking is: Why isn't Al posting the pic of the fish?

This guy hates me and could put me down with one picture. Yet?
I forgot about the flag deal but I guess you cant forget about it after the ripping you took over it. Maybe the pic was taken years ago when there were no strict limits. Why does he hate you?

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're not tired of this you live for this kind of crap!

Last year you made comments I was leaving unfilled holes on the beach
and a certain someone had a problem with me. You even threw his name out there
didn't you? More lies!!! More Crap!
This time I'm breaking fishing laws!

You listen and you listen up good! I take my fishing and saltwater conservation
serious. One last time every fish in that picture was legal!

You better watch your mouth on what you're accusing me of.

LOL!!!!!!

You are too funny!!!

Post the pic and send me away already. Put me in my place! Even i'm getting tired of this.

LOL!!!!!!

You are too funny!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread