Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All. Due to a tremendously busy work schedule and new baby I have not been able to metal detect for over 10 weeks. After 30 of my wife's inlaws came to our house on Thursday I decided to make a one man stand. I was going metal detecting on black Friday and that was all there was to it. First couple hours were slow pickings at the water and I was basically waiting for the tide to go out. As I walked farther down the beach I found a nice cut and worked it silly until I was sure there was nothing left. I was digging pennies at 12 inches with the sand shark. Normally I don't dig the "whispers" but at this cut I decided to. 9.9 times out of 10 "whispers" end up being pieces of crab pots or tiny pieces of metal about 2-4cm in length. The silver necklace blew my ears out at four inches. The ring was a loud whisper around 8 inches and the not diamonds was a whisper around 6 inches. I felt vindicated...would have been nice if the diamonds were real. The necklace has sterling stamped on it. the ring has no stamp as I feel it is vintage but tested positive for silver. Both of them came out of the ground jet black. The little beads on the necklace are all sterling silver but really hard to clean because the jade (I think) prevents polishing. I have tried hand polishing, boiling in baking soda/Al, and muriatic acid. This is the best I could get the beads to look. suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks for looking. View attachment 704573 View attachment 704574 View attachment 704575 View attachment 704576

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mainelypulltab

Aug 26, 2011
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Congrats on the newest member to your family and on your finds. Hope you can get out more often, it will come in due time. Best of luck to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions