Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was not working on Friday so I took a trip to the Treasure Coast in search of Spanish treasure. All I found was a couple of bronze ship spikes, a musket ball and piece of indian pottery. On the drive home I decided to stop at a tourist beach to try to keep my gold streak going, I found an eroded beach and 12 pieces of gold jewelry. Everything is marked 18K, 14K & 10K with a few small diamond chips for good luck.

Attachments

• 12 gold.jpg
    12 gold.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 345
Upvote 0

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beach in question is heavily hunted, I saw 12 people metal detecting in the 4 hours I was there, although the beach was eroded I am sure all the local regular beach hunters already recovered all the easy to find gold bands. I probably picked up some of the harder to find smaller gold finds that the Excal/CZ users walked over. Will let you know on the book addition.
12 people detecting and you found all that gold...so the 3030 is that much better than an Excal or a CZ..come on Gary.

OP
OP
Gary Drayton

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12 people detecting and you found all that gold...so the 3030 is that much better than an Excal or a CZ..come on Gary.
Please reread the original post, I merely stated that the other beach hunters were using Excals and CZs. they were all moving on the beach pretty fast, I assumed they walked over the smaller gold finds that I found. Maybe the other beach hunters did well also ?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you look closely most of those are pretty fine gold items, thin profiles, not big chunky gold or items that present very thick/dense signatures. I've used a CZ for years, both the 20 & 21 and I can tell you that in a moving saltwater environment it is unlikely that the CZ would signal on the majority these items unless they were practically scraping the coil with a high sensitivity setting and at a rather quick swing speed. As for the "stock" Excal, maybe with the smaller coil and high sensitivity but only if they were fairly shallow, say less then 4 - 5 inches. Add a set of really good headphones like the ones OBN is preparing to sell and that depth can be increased a bit. What I'm seeing in Gary's finds is someone who was very proficient with the Sov. GT and he's been able to apply that experience and knowledge into his use of the 3030. Odds are, if he could use the Sov. GT. out there his results would still be pretty much the same. This is just my personal take on things. :dontknow:

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I bet when the guys that read these posts go out and drop 3 grand on the 3030 expecting to find 50 gold a month but find the same as the rest of us do would probably feel like they got ripped. Most of the guys using them that I have talked to don't like them. Heck, after reading these posts I would own one if I didn't know better.

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice. You've been having great success, keep it up. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions