Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was not working on Friday so I took a trip to the Treasure Coast in search of Spanish treasure. All I found was a couple of bronze ship spikes, a musket ball and piece of indian pottery. On the drive home I decided to stop at a tourist beach to try to keep my gold streak going, I found an eroded beach and 12 pieces of gold jewelry. Everything is marked 18K, 14K & 10K with a few small diamond chips for good luck.

Attachments

• 12 gold.jpg
    12 gold.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 345
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I congratulate on these finds!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Another Excellent hunt" Gary. :icon_thumleft: (I think you've caused a blister to develop on my thumb. lol)

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow you are having an amazing month!!!!!!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gary,

That's quite the haul of gold....how many gold items do you figure you've dug so far this year?

Regards + HH

Bill

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumright::thumbsup:Wow its a good thing you decided to stop at that beach,paid off for you,,WTG,,You,Casper,Whydah and everyone else is just so amazing,,maybe you guys should hold classes,,HH:hello:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FANTASTIC !!!

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow!!! 12 pieces of gold! that's "like" 11 months in the Jewish calendar, 10 years in a decade, 9 circles of hell, 8 pieces of 8, 7 deadly sins, 6 points on a sextet, five major oceans, 4 letters in the world liar, three of the holy trinity, two sides of the equator, and one awesome person..."you." Congrats!!! Keep hunting, representing, and keeping it real.

Mainelypulltab

Aug 26, 2011
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal II
GD, wow, an amazing hunt or hunts. A musket ball and Indian pottery is cool. The gold should fear GD. Congrats on all of your finds, you are having a great month, hope you can keep it going.

OP
OP
Gary Drayton

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still no gold bands and at a tourist beach. The CTX has to be picking up what the Excalibur and CZ have missed. Great going and please let us know when you add the Seawater program to your book.
The beach in question is heavily hunted, I saw 12 people metal detecting in the 4 hours I was there, although the beach was eroded I am sure all the local regular beach hunters already recovered all the easy to find gold bands. I probably picked up some of the harder to find smaller gold finds that the Excal/CZ users walked over. Will let you know on the book addition.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are probably correct they walked over those because the Xcal would have picked them up depending on how deep and what K they are. A good many of my finds this month have been smaller stuff or stuff that were recent moves. Good month of supplemental income.

Dew

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a nice detour you took! New gold is worth as much as old gold!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread