Two more rings

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster P.I. Dual Field; Minelab Sovereign GT; CTX 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found no fishing sinkers today (previous post). Did score more rings; though. One is tungsten and the other i believe is stainless steel which is engraved with a name and date in the inside. I will try to find the owner.

image-3454893199.jpg

Upvote 0

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice hunt gee, good luck on finding the lost finger to the ring........

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I congratulate on these finds!!

Mainelypulltab

Aug 26, 2011
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Gee mg, great finds and it looks like you are movin on up, vice finding sinkers that is. Did you go back to where you found the sinkers? Can't remember who offered up the advice but when I get back to the ocean, I will remember that tip. Keep up the finds and gold is a coming.

OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster P.I. Dual Field; Minelab Sovereign GT; CTX 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mainelypulltab said:
Gee mg, great finds and it looks like you are movin on up, vice finding sinkers that is. Did you go back to where you found the sinkers? Can't remember who offered up the advice but when I get back to the ocean, I will remember that tip. Keep up the finds and gold is a coming.

Thanks Mainelypulltab!!! It is funny you mentioned about the sinkers because I did take the advice to go back in the same area. I didn't post my finds that day but I did not find any gold there but found at least another 25 sinkers there lol. I have at least 15-20 lbs of lead now. I can't wait to get out there in the surf again. I would be out there right now if I didn't have duty! More and more detectorists have been showing up at the same beach i usually go to but I have never seen anybody in the surf since the water is so cold. My wet suit has been very useful. I have only put it on three times now and starting to get used to it. The only uncomfortable area on it now is the family jewel area. Do you know if it is supposed to be uncomfortable there? maybe i could wear a baseball cup there lol... Anyways i have taken my hobby and passion to a whole new level. In the water i still find coins and sinkers, spoons and forks, even found a small shovel! Cant wait to go again tomorrow. Its supposed to rain all fay but with a wetsuit i will be out there!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
vERY NICE RING FINDS, GEE_MG :hello2:

Keep going back to that "sinker" area....you'll find the gold there.

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions