Tungsten Carbide cross like jewery - posslbe gold & ruby center

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
Found this two tone metal like a cross piece of jewelry while visiting up towards Santa Monica on Saturday. Much nicer weather compared to Friday with no costal fog by noontime. Looks like this piece might have been on a chain. The little part in the center holding the red stone I hope might be real gold and small ruby. If so I assume this was not cheap piece of jewelry to buy.

This was deep in the sand. I have not weighed it but it feels very heavy. It was tough recovering items out in the surf but I was determined to get this one. I really admire all you folks on the east coast who work the water regularly. Maybe I am fooling myself in believing my heavy duty two piece travel scoop is up to the task for deep items while in the water. Saw another guy with a monster scoop. Maybe it is time to get one too since my pinpointing ability is probably not the best.

Attachments

• DSC00225 TungstenCarrbide croped.JPG
    DSC00225 TungstenCarrbide croped.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC00223 2nd cropped img.JPG
    DSC00223 2nd cropped img.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pendant! The stone is ruby!
You regist in 2006 and you don't have many posts, so how are you? I wish you have rignt!!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tung. is hard to work with..... i suspect that cost someone a pretty penny. I love the unusual..... and that sure is. That was made to last. Great find. I like a large scoop in the water. Mine is about 10 X 12 and when it goes down its not pushed around as much. Out of the water thou ..... it can get heavy. You can always make a break down handle for any scoop.

Dew

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG:icon_thumright:especially in Santa Monica where there is so many md-er's out there,,,HH:hello:

OP
OP
mikeinOC1

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
Thanks for the comments on the piece and my hunting day.

Hamid. I could give you an endless string of reasons. I am only a weekend hunter mostly. Perhaps I am somewhat intimidated by other members so many outstanding finds and postings. Then of course some of us are wonderful with the written word and some of us not so much. Perhaps something like Dewcons''s cute little motto gives one pause before posting. TMI ? Not having right picture shot of a find go along with the posting and, etc. etc. Some of us are just more prolific and quicker on the draw than others. I admire the ones that are. PM if you would like to chat more some time.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haaaa did he just tell me i talk to much :laughing7:? I got that saying from an article i read having to do with WATERGATE. Sometimes it seem so right.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread