9114 - GraveDigger Returns - might be the biggest band i ever found today - lowtide

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Ken did the driving today. We entered the beach at 25[SUP]th[/SUP] street, I went north and ken south.

As u will see, there were a few targets around, but to me it seems to be slower than last few days, ken and mr. smith said about the same also.

First target I dig is a big ring, it rolls out of the sand pile and heads for the sea again –big ticket.

After that hotgoose it was meager, sepro got locked in on Neptune coins and she really started to fancy them – I steamed away from that zone fast and then I stumbled onto No. 9114 –omg – digging many of these in the year 2005 or 06 is how I got the name I use today from my buddies.
Life in the lane.

On a side note: you will see a yellow rope tag sticking out of the sand – location is top secret –anyway it only becomes exposed every once in a while when sand is swept away – A GOOD SIGN.

See ya sat – weather sounds G R E A T liketoday.

Good luck out there. – vid is 13mins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLKkDGgitr0

Attachments

• 1130SS.jpg
    1130SS.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 1130TAG.jpg
    1130TAG.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 1130NUT.jpg
    1130NUT.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 212
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That is one Big ring......Nice hunt Max, always a pleasure to sit back and watch...and listen........:thumbsup:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Love the tag....don't see many of THEM around do ya?
Where in Va Beach are ya?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge band...I wondered where you got your name...good luck out there Gravedigger.

TheSilverBandit

Tenderfoot
Dec 3, 2012
Falls Church, VA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I watch these forums all the time but finally had to register and comment!

That tag comes from right across the street from my house! Great find! I am guessing the tag is from someone's scattered ashes?

Mainelypulltab

Aug 26, 2011
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Now I'm not too smart, are you saying when the ashes are scattered, it is custom for the scatterers to drop the tag in also? Why? I understand scattering ashes in the ocean and what not, but the tag? Thanks for any and all help. Congrats on the big ring Max, wish it was gold for you.

TheSilverBandit

Tenderfoot
Dec 3, 2012
Falls Church, VA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now I'm not too smart, are you saying when the ashes are scattered, it is custom for the scatterers to drop the tag in also? Why? I understand scattering ashes in the ocean and what not, but the tag? Thanks for any and all help. Congrats on the big ring Max, wish it was gold for you.

No idea..... it was the only reason I could think of for a cremation tag to be in the surf! Beach finds seem to always yield the most interesting hauls.

donkarlos

Sep 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Sov gt, Ctx
I just found a square metal tag from a crematory - in the ocean. Had a number on it like yours. Not sure why it got dropped but I left it.

JMW

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 (10.5" coil), DetectorPro Headhunter PI (8", 11" coils), Tesoro Stingray (8" coil), Ace 250 (4.5" Sniper, 6.5" x 9" coils) and White's Classic ID (8" coil)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The tags are placed in the casket before cremation to keep track of who's being cremated. When the cremains are handed over to the family, they don't realize it contains a tag. When the cremains are scattered, so is the tag.

Mainelypulltab

Aug 26, 2011
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal II
The tags are placed in the casket before cremation to keep track of who's being cremated. When the cremains are handed over to the family, they don't realize it contains a tag. When the cremains are scattered, so is the tag.

Thanks for the education JMW, tad smarter because of you. Do appreciate it.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I like that ring, vbm:icon_cheers:

Lorraine

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on the finds... I personally don't get excited over finding SS rings, even though they could net more than a few bucks. I envision these as nothing more than a fancy bearing... but that's just me. However, I enjoy your videos and I am a fan of Jack.

OP
OP
gravediggermax-vabeachva

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the finds... I personally don't get excited over finding SS rings, even though they could net more than a few bucks. I envision these as nothing more than a fancy bearing... but that's just me. However, I enjoy your videos and I am a fan of Jack.
personnally i agree 100%.........it is just a piece of crap........but wide crap

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread