More rings to add to my collection

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster P.I. Dual Field; Minelab Sovereign GT; CTX 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went metal detecting this afternoon 2 hours before low tide in the rain. Was a peaceful experience. Two more rings to add to my ever growing collection. Found the Saint Michael coin/ medal about five minutes into my hunt and then the cross ring shortly thereafter. Not sure if the cross ring is silver or not, but pretty sure it is. Having a real hard time cleaning it. I think it was buried for a very long time. It also has somebody's name engraved inside of it i believe. Another couple showed up the same time I did for some rainy beach metal detecting, again tag teaming on my domain, lol. This is the second time that they have done this, each going on one side of me. Little do they know, each time they do, I have pulled out a ring or two. I got to talk to they husband and he has been detecting for over 45 years!!! So I actually kept an eye on him in hopes of picking up a trick or two. Anyways, they skipped a lot and one part they skipped is where i found the 10k gold ring that has 6 tiny diamonds and a light green stone in the middle. Besides the 10k stamp, there are some other strange markings in the inside. Is it possible they are serial numbers? I have no idea. I will try to see what they are and possibly post them. Or should i mot post them?
It's funny, one comment the guy made at the end of my hunt was he wondered why I had so many holes....He asked if I was using a PI and I said yes. He was using one of the minelab 2500 dollar machines I believe.... but, it just goes to show, if you dig everything than you will get more goodies, at least that is what I was thinking to myself, and also wondering how many goodies they did not dig up...

image-1998169068.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just confirmed the cross ring is stamped 925!!! I love happy hunting!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The cross ring is also engraved in the inside band "FUR IMMER". I think it means "forever" in german. Pretty kewl!!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if the guy mentioned you having so many holes was because they were unfilled. ???

OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sandman said:
I wonder if the guy mentioned you having so many holes was because they were unfilled. ???

Can't be....no different than his unfilled holes, plus the cans he and his wife dug up and just left! And that was 40 years of experience I witnessed!!!

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings...sad that a guy thats been detecting for 40 years would leave dug cans behind...congrats on a great hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread