2nd day with the new detector - Newbie alert

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today we went South Beach again enjoying our last day of vacation, and I gave it another go at detecting the beach with the CTX 3030. The first day I only got $0.13 in clad and today I got $0.39 in clad, a silver pendant, and a bit of trash.

I'm still learning a lot but having fun!!

Attachments

• image-3822396079.jpg
    image-3822396079.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are finding the right types of targets...stick with it and the good stuff will come...good luck.

HARRASS

Aug 19, 2011
Alexandria
Detector(s) used
2 Excals, tiger shark, explorer, Quattro, ace 250 and an f2
Thinking about picking up a 3030... have you tried it in the water or are you working the low tides? And at what depths are you finding your targets? I had one of the first AT pros that came out and I loved it until the housing filled up with water. I still use my excals for beach work and would like to try something different.

OP
OP
FloridaFinder

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
HARRASS said:
Thinking about picking up a 3030... have you tried it in the water or are you working the low tides? And at what depths are you finding your targets? I had one of the first AT pros that came out and I loved it until the housing filled up with water. I still use my excals for beach work and would like to try something different.

I went to chest deep the other day but yesterday because of the rougher weather I stayed knee deep up to the wet sand. All my targets I found were in the wet sand and anywhere from 6 - 10 inches deep. I do love the 3030 and it is my first detector, so I'm learning more every time I use it. I love the new Saltwater feature for beach detecting. I can't believe it wasn't an original feature, but am glad it just came out. When I get back home I plan to hit the beaches and parks in my area to continue to learn it.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Make sure you keep it low, the detector should literally be scraping the top of the sand. I recommend you try hunting at the water line...look for congregations of shells. The "better" stuff is in the water but I find a lot of coins and smaller stuff in the wet sand. Good luck. O yeah, try it in your yard. I found an old hatchet in mine...completely random.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you luck next hunt!!

OP
OP
FloridaFinder

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
hamiddetecting said:
I wish you luck next hunt!!

Thank you Hamid!! You're the beach master! I enjoy your videos.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread