Surf master pi dual field opinions please

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Recently switched from a beach hunter 300 ID to a dual field pi and haven't had much luck since then. Could someone please give me some opinion's on the comparison on the two. Trying desperately to keep the faith. I've had great finds with the beach hunter and only 1 10kt wedding band since the switch. Haven't been able to get into the water due to heavy surf. My buddy hunts with a Tesoro sand shark and always hunts in VCO mode and smokes me just about every time out. Is VCO better then my dual field PI? First pic of my 10kt with the PI and rest of my finds were with my beach hunter. Most were in the dry sand in discrimination mode and I switched to the PI because the bh 300 didn't respond well in the surf. I would appreciate all possible feed back and opinions. Is VCO better?
Thanks to all who respond.

Attachments

• _3.temp.jpg
    _3.temp.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 0

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I cut my teeth on the older White's PI+ (the one just before the PI Pro) and I fell in love with that machine. I still have it but it has some mechanical problems that need repairing. Earlier this year I bought a used Sand Shark. It's a good machine...but for me...since I was attuned to the sounds of the White's PI..I just couldn't get comfortable with the Sand Shark's sounds. I believe it's a good machine but not right for me.

I finally found a used Dual Field which was still too expensive for me but I bit the bullet and bought it anyway. WOW ...what a great machine! I am still not as attuned to it as I was with the older PI but I can not argue with my success. I did absolutely nothing different and started coming up with gold ..and multiple golds too! So after about a month's worth of detecting the melt value of the gold has paid back my Dual Field by TRIPLE!

Here's a frecent post: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/beach-shallow-water/319682-gold-dual-field-one-months-worth.html

I can't really compare to the Beach Hunter but for me...Dual Field and I are in love!:love4:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good start with PI!!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have my head spinning here. In this post you are asking for advice and saying you are getting your butt kicked by a SS. Then in another post you are showing all those OUTSTANDING finds. Isnt VCO nothing more than a focused PP allowing you to better size a target?

Dew

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks to all of you for responding. I don't know much about VCO and most of my success was with my BH 300 in the dry sand at the beach but couldn't handle the false signals in the surf so I switched to the pi I definitely like it better but hate digging iron. 1st time out I recovered the 10kt white gold wedding band covered in green. First time out and found in about 10 minutes at the shell line at low tide.must have washed up after some heavy surf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread