Garrett Infinium LS a good UW detector?

JimmeyC

Oct 15, 2012
N. Tonawanda, Amherst, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug, Garrett Ultra GTA 1000, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am considering an underwater detector and was looking at several models. Is the Infinitum LS a good one in this price range? Gold detection is a must. I would be using it from shallow streams to diving lakes and rivers. Sand and rocky bottoms. Mostly fresh water but salt is not out of the question.

What are some of the better units and some pro's & con's? What do you think?

Thanks, Jim

Upvote 0

NYwaterhunter

Jul 23, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimmey,
I hunt fresh water with Excals for silver and gold rings. I have done well. One is set up for diving while the other has the long shaft on it for wading.
I have also used the Whites Amphibion.
I like the excals iron knock out.
I used to spend allot of time in Amherst. There was a place called Duffs that had great chicken wings and pizza. If I recall correctly, corner of Millersport and ?
Do you know this place? Is it still open?
Gary G.

OP
OP
JimmeyC

JimmeyC

Oct 15, 2012
N. Tonawanda, Amherst, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug, Garrett Ultra GTA 1000, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input Gary. The Excal 2 is another I was looking at. A little more pricey but the right unit is more important to me. We sure have some waterways around here!

Pretty sure Duffs is still there. They have built a few more too.

NYwaterhunter

Jul 23, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The excals are very good machines. It actually performs well on land also. The iron knock out on land is very helpful.
When they have a problem, the turn around time on repairs at Minelab is kind of slow. As I understand, Kellyco and possibly a few folks on Tnet are now starting to perform repair work on Excals. This should help reduce the turn around time.
Don't get me wrong, they don't go down often, but like all machines they will eventually.
Keep up the research.
I was in Niagara County Produce this past October and I had a tour of the new firehouse that was close by.
Took some very good produce back to Auburn with me!
Take care

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread