Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering the season, I'd go to good weather. Having said that, south Florida would be high on my list right now since so much sand has been removed from the beaches down there and the finds are still coming, also continues to get replenished.

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darnit , I must have missed my invatation in the mail ..... LOL:laughing7:

Have a great time with the Misses and bring us back some pics of the warm weather & your finds . Good luck & HH !!!!!:occasion14:

OP
OP
ibjeepn

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ! Pack yer bags ! Lets hit the treasure coast. Grab Tony... aka "Lucky" too. Life's too short. The more the merrier !

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Pretty much NJ coast isn't an option as most of the beaches are still closed. The ones open have lots of trash on them and lack good targets. Think south Jersey is better!
BCNJ

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clear water. Warm sunshine. Fresh seafood. Beach full of eye candy. And a good shot at some gold. (Just trying to help! :laughing7:)

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hear new smyrna area is fantastic.....no detector needed, bikini girls just walk up to you hand you the gold!:tongue3: :laughing7:

miami area would be a great choice as well.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hear new smyrna area is fantastic.....no detector needed, bikini girls just walk up to you hand you the gold!:tongue3: :laughing7:

miami area would be a great choice as well.

NSB is bad, golden girls are down at Coco Beach this time of year. :laughing7:

OP
OP
ibjeepn

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ! I love the gulf coast. Detected in Naples and Marco Island last spring. But, I'd like to improve my chances of finding something old or jewelry. Nothing like eye candy and a great sunset !

Samuelljackson

Dec 4, 2012
Fl
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, CTX3030, Propointer, Vibrabrobe, stealth scoop.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I live in south Florida, and although I'd welcome a guest, if your planning on getting into the water, I would actually suggest the gulf coast right now. The South Florida and the treasure coast was hit very hard hit by Sandy, most beach were eroded away, and have a fresh layer of trucked in sand sitting on top of them right now. To top it off the waves have made it difficult to get in the surf.

The gulf coast has lower wave action, and although they've washed slightly, not a ton of replenishment projects.

Excalibur II, CTX3030, Propointer, Vibrabrobe, stealth scoop. YTD Finds: Gold: 11 Sliver: 13 Platinum: 3 Rings Returned: 1

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL....... Go south...Will say although hurricane tore beaches up, most beaches are getting sanded in again by the hour and very few fesh drops. Watch the weather reports, as long as winds are blowing inland beaches are getting more sand.

Go to the beach you want to enjoy the most....Even if no gold, there is sunshine....

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting sanded back in here as well. Another blow would be nice but that possibility isn't looking too good anytime soon. :BangHead:

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods and metal detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weather around the Gulf Coast in the 70's mostly right now. Some nice big shrimp coming in, beautiful Reds, snapper, Softshell crabs mmmmmmm some cold draft

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree all the way around. It is so bad here. Hit NSB the other day. What a joke. Patience is a virtue they say. South Fla. would be my guess. Follow Drayton :icon_scratch:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weather around the Gulf Coast in the 70's mostly right now. Some nice big shrimp coming in, beautiful Reds, snapper, Softshell crabs mmmmmmm some cold draft

Been thinking about wetting a line over at the beach but every time I consider it my detectors throw a fit. They've gotten so spoiled it's not even funny. :laughing7:

Mainelypulltab

Aug 26, 2011
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal II
You are always welcome up here. Going to get up to 42F tomorrow, if you believe the weatherman. Been in the 20's overnight and I believe the beaches are still open. Not sure if they ever close, just not too many folks swimming this time of year up here. Wherever you end, best of luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread