Wildwood-Tampa Area

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc
I am laying over at a truckstop in Wildwood till tuesday. .And since I always carry my detector with me was wondering if anyone could recommend some places that I might detect. My only draw back is I have an 18 wheeler, if I can find a spot to drop my trailer I can get about much easier. Have always wanted to try for pirate treasure, but love any kind of treasure at alll.

I can be reached at my email [email protected] or will check back here.

Thanks Paul

Upvote 0

weldermark

Jan 17, 2005
LOU-EVIL KY
Detector(s) used
white's DFX
vrent, your in the perfect place!a truck stop!!!vending machines picnic area's, your their, use it!!!

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
I live near Tampa and work in Wildwood sometimes. About five to ten miles South of wildwood there is a town called Bushnell. If you go east at the exit from I-75 you can visit the Dade battlefield and museum where Dade and his men were ambushed and slaughtered by the Seminole Indians. Although you CANNOT metal detect at the state owned site it is worth a visit and free. Also near the battlefield is a big park with baseball fields and a very old carwash that is unattended with a big lot between it and the park. There are allot of old homesteads in the area and you might be able to get permission from an owner if you can find out who owns the property. As far as pirate treasure I haven't heard of any good leads in that area and if I did I would have to check them out first to make sure they are safe and clear of any hazardous debris. Good luck and HH. Would like to hear how it turned out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread