Tested rebuilt Excalibur 1 battery pod..... Im Bacckkkkkk!!!

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Tested rebuilt Excalibur 1 battery pod..... I'm Bacckkkkkk!!!

Winds from east and waves not the best but, for first time since Sandy, went to beach to test out my rebuilt battery pod. Fought the waves for four hours and determined Sandy has uncovered many old coins previously buried deep on the beach and made them reachable again. All I got to say is thanks Battery's Plus and those who gave me good advice on doing this at the local level...including advice from Jason In TN, and BuriedCrap NJ; and, others who chimed in.

At beach I found conditions were poor and sand was coming back in; however, hit a rocky/shells area in 2-4ft water and stayed there pretty much over 3 hrs. removing coins and such--including a few foot damaging iron nails/spikes. In rocks, found 30+ coins; a silver or silver-plated ring (must clean) and a small piece of gold. Notably, this is the first piece of underwater gold I found in 2012. I was dealing with intermittent intereference from my Excalibur for nearly six months--falsing, ect. Always thought it was the moving sand and debris, or electrical interference from the guard towers. Turns out, it was the batteries all along. Although fully charged and maintaining some length of hunt time, apparently just one battery could be acting intermittently and it will sure screw up the output tone. It is nice to hunt with a calm and stable underwater detector again.

dec6-1.jpg

dec6-2.jpg

dec6-3.jpg

Quick park hunt this morning with the Tesoro Tejon--mostly battery money.
dec6-4.jpg

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!
So for the gold pendant: the writing arabic is God.
[h=5]This pendant its made of contry Arabic. I have one.
Translation of the write: The koran :
In the name of Allah , the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.
Allah - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.
[/h]

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold, and that does look like silver to me!

OP
OP
Southern_Digger

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds!
So for the gold pendant: the writing arabic is God.
[h=5]This pendant its made of contry Arabic. I have one.
Translation of the write: The koran :
In the name of Allah , the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.
Allah - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.
[/h]

Thanks for the translation Hamid. BTW... I enjoy your posts and your videos.

OP
OP
Southern_Digger

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the gold, and that does look like silver to me!

my thoughts exactly... also has a rough spot which appears a stone mount broke away.

OP
OP
Southern_Digger

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
great to have it working right again,

You can't imagine how frustrating it has been. Now, if I can get my free time to co-incide with good tides and weather... Problem with rough weather hunting, the reef fish which follow me around, get in my way and practically make love to my scoop, which of course is providing sustenance to them. They brush against my leg and occasionally nibble at the hair on my legs. Even had a small school of jack (2-4 lb'ers) chased up into me, probably by a hungry barracuda or tarpon. One jack actually went between my legs so quickly it threw me off balance. It ran itself up onto the beach in the surf and then the seagulls were swooping around me trying to get at the fish, which of course, was too big for them. The jack was saved by the outgoing surge. I could have stayed another two hours but I promised my grandaughter, who was at my house, that I would come home and help her put ornaments on our Christmas tree. The best part of the day was finding her waiting at the front door when I returned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread