Dual field disappointment!

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Took my surf master dual field back and got a sand shark with an 8" coil picks up small gold in bench test.the same gold earing my dual field wouldn't pick up. Hunting in VCO mode couldn't be happier! Doesn't miss a thing! Looks kind of 1980's but smokes all the three other machines I've owned! People are going to think I'm nuts but what good is a machine that can pick up gold rings super deep that misses gold earings and small gold chains at the surface? Hunted along side my buddies sand shark for months while he brings home small jewelry and bigger while I brought home coins and once and a while a ring if I happened to be over one. I sure as hell found iron super deep but missed small gold without a doubt. Tested his 1.8 gram 14k loop earing he found and my surf master dual field didn't even know it was there!
When discussing this incident with my dealer all they could tell me was "earing's are tough"!
Well if I'm paying $800 for a machine it better not miss any gold not even an earing or chain! Left to wonder what other small gold I've missed the past few months! Being the awesome dealer they are they allowed me to bring the machine back against store policy and exchange it for the sand shark, plus sweetened the deal a little. Bigger coil deeper targets but not sensitive to small jewelry! Small coil better small jewelry plus picks up rings and what have you. Mainly Drawn towards the tesoro S.S. for the VCO mode and love it as it draws you in to the target. You can keep your lime green and canary yellow over priced machine's im home with a pi machine with an extra ability in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Idigack

Aug 18, 2012
ACK
Detector(s) used
excal11 10 inch coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"When it blows my ears off it is almost always a bottle cap."

Purchased my SS last spring and got a little discouraged over the summer when I couldnt seem to find any small gold. I've only been using the machine for about 8 months now.....but will tell you not to get discouraged when it blows your ears off....these 3 rings blew my ears off. ......and put $1000.00 in my pocket. :laughing7: The diamond ring was deeper and barely whispered....also a nice chunk of change.

J Ring 4.jpg WG Ring 14K.jpg big g.jpg

D Ring sale.jpg

donkarlos

Sep 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Sov gt, Ctx
Here are a few tiny SS finds from today - the ring was found brushing a couple of inches off a whisper, as Crispin suggests. Not sure of the stone.

ForumRunner_20121218_214555.png

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your SS purchase! Sure you'll love yours as much as I do mine.

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I love my SS, although I have not found much Gold (1-10kt white gold ring). I have dug 2 Platinum rings. Ive only been out about 35 times in the 8 months I've had it. It has more than paid for it's self. I've picked up around $700US in coins, $100 in the last 3 days. With the 3 keeper rings, I'm close to $1,000.

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes from the water. Here in Okinawa we have ¥500 yen coins $5.75us. I find 2 or 3 every outing, my best day I picked up 11 of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread