A Day of Wimp.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, grabbed all my stuff, packed a small cooler, drove to the beach, drove onto the beach and parked. First weakening came shortly after as the vehicle was slightly rocking in the wind. Second weakening came when I noticed that I was feeling chilled just sitting in the vehicle. Third weakening came when I saw how rough the surf was, could almost feel that cold water running down my spin. Forth weakening was 6' 4", 270lbs, in a 5mm wetsuit who was looking a bit chilly when he stepped out of the water. Yep, I never got out of my vehicle......completely wimped out. I hang my head in shame. :laughing7: First time I ever drove to the beach just to eat lunch.

Upvote 0

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bigscoop,

lol.....I've got snow on the ground and the ground is frozen.....last year my last hunt was Dec 4th.....I just bundle up and dig in all kinds of weather....but them again I'm a bit crazy that way....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Buck up Bigscoop, this time last year I was walking down through the snow and breaking thin ice to do some detecting..... You can do it! This weather here in Florida is great......

Cliff

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A real he man would have opened the door enough to lower the coil to ground. Turn detector on ,take a 2 inch swing and shut it off.
A tough sacrifice.(For the units sake).:laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A real he man would have opened the door enough to lower the coil to ground. Turn detector on ,take a 2 inch swing and shut it off.
A tough sacrifice.(For the units sake).:laughing7:

A real he-man would have never admitted that he wimped out. :laughing7: I mean, I wanted to, I swore I was gonna, I did keep considering it, and it was constantly attracting me to it,.....but....."NO!" :laughing7: "Not today!"

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Naw you wouldn,t wimp out. Maybe it was an unnoticed premonition and a very large shark was looking for you. Ya that could be it.(or a stray urchin!).

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naw you wouldn,t wimp out. Maybe it was an unnoticed premonition and a very large shark was looking for you. Ya that could be it.(or a stray urchin!).

Nope, today I eyed that beach I took a firm, manly stand, and finally drew a line in the sand. Well, not literally because I never actually got of the truck, too cold out there. But I did take a stand! :laughing7:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I envy the weather you get in Florida, it was 15* here last night in Maine. It won't be long and I will be plowing snow and salting the roads(already done this 3 times this year), as well as plugging in the block heater to the old Dodge. But it does make me feel warm by thinking of last august when I got to detect on the beach in front of the Mcclarty treasure museum there in Florida. I love detecting Florida beaches.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Tisk,tisk. Alright then. I noticed a clear area where the snow had melted going past local park today. In an area i have not searched yet. Cold wind and detector miles away,.. still you have me beat. Go,see,leave. All that gold going to bed in that cold lonely sand.:sleepy2:.
Need one of those super underdog suits and a phone booth!

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol!!!! :laughing9: " i'm not gonna find anything anyway!!!!!" i'm sure that went through your head? see what a crappy summer of detecting will do to ya? it was a poor day by florida standards!

i tried last night, got there at ten and planned on hunting til around 2am. made it to the beach turned on my cz6a and......clicks instead of beeps in disc, wont groundbalance, very poor sens!!!!!:BangHead: so........no detecting for me. excals broke, czs broke, i might have to start fishing.
chuck.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol!!!! :laughing9: " i'm not gonna find anything anyway!!!!!" i'm sure that went through your head? see what a crappy summer of detecting will do to ya? it was a poor day by florida standards!

i tried last night, got there at ten and planned on hunting til around 2am. made it to the beach turned on my cz6a and......clicks instead of beeps in disc, wont groundbalance, very poor sens!!!!!:BangHead: so........no detecting for me. excals broke, czs broke, i might have to start fishing.
chuck.

Bummer! And here I have machines that work but refused to hunt today. I suppose I should be stoned for that. :laughing7: If you want to drive up I have that 10.5 CZ I can loan you for a while. Be happy to do it. Just let me know.

Actually, we had a few cuts here that were turning up a few goodies, even a little gold, but they have been filling back in the last few days. Yesterday she was just so nice, warm, easy going, and pleasant, and today it was like, "Man, she's angry again and I just don't feel like fighting with her today." :laughing7:

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ground is starting to freeze here, but can still break it. Going to try to get out tomorrow, because it should get around 40 degrees and be sunny. Figure the season is almost over, better get out while I can.

HH,

Pete

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread