dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought myself an RTG aluminum scoop for Christmas. I get tired of lugging around my stainless one when hunting the wet sand and my dry sand wire mesh scoop is way too lightweight. So, my stainless scoop has a wood handle and I simply drilled a hole in the end and use a rope tether with a carabiner and clip it onto my belt. The new RTG has an aluminum tube handle with a plastic grip and I'm I'm not sure of the best way to attach a tether to the end of the scoop. Could you guys show me what you use? Thanks and Happy New Years and HH.
DC

DSCN0669.jpg

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never used a tether for my scoop since I was usually in the water and don't let go of it. If I stumbled into a rip tide I could let go of it if I needed too. But on the other hand I had a short tether on the MD shaft so it remained up right for easy reach. What you show in the picture is nice but that is no Sunspot Stealth scoop.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like this scoop:occasion14:

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hope your new scoop work out for you. I just tie a knot under the plastic handle secured by a wrap of tape. Happy New Year DC !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread