As The Lake Goes Up

Gretchen

Aug 2, 2004
This past year I had a lot of good finds as the lakes were at their lowest levels in years because of the drought. You can read about some of my finds by putting in the subject - As The Lake Goes Down. Now after feet of snow and 20 to 30 inches of rain all the areas are covered with 7 feet of water. Beaches where we metal detected, walked and found hundreds of items in the mud including bottles, jewelry, sinkers, marbles, coins, knives - you name it. A couple of my friends even used a sifter - to much iron to metal detect and found a lot of old silver coins and jewelry lost years ago. Advice - Take advantages of opportunities. Things do not remain the same. Gretchen.

Upvote 0
B

billder1

Hi Gretchen! Yes I wholeheartedly concur: that is not just an astute observation but advice worth taking to heart. I became involved in underwater metal detecting off beaches, scuba, and even though some places on the bottom were blown wide open and sometimes stayed that way for a while, the scene underneath the surface of the atlantic is constantly changing, and I have seen one tide, one single tide, move an entire sandbar many feet deep over an area i was working on the bottom, and it could be years before that changes. Or it could be the next tide!....good luck....b

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
8)I believe that is why when someone goes looking for a long-lost well known treasure,in most cases ;where it is supposed to be no longer resembles what the area looked like at the time it was lost/buried/stolen,etc.Floods,tornadoes,eartquakes,development,etc,etc,...................as Gretchen says,nothing stays the same. :o ??? 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread