Your 2013 Treasure Hunting Related Goals?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

chuckie

Nov 12, 2012
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Garret Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SusanMN said:
Just retired four days ago, so I am hoping to detect nearly every day once spring hits. And a carryover detecting goal from the last five years, still looking for that silver quarter or half. Have found lots of gold, silver jewelry, some great diamond rings, and silver dimes, but zip on larger silver coins. Wish me luck, 2013 is my year.

Good luck Susan! I'm counting the days until I can retire and do the same as you.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrads to Susan, and soon to be chukie on the retirement...I almost know the feeling....:thumbsup:

Lots of Dreams and Goals...after 39+ retirement coming......chances of.....10
Selling the Home, Hope it sales, headed for the Ocean View area?..........3
Hunt the Bay with the new to me pirate ship, looking for Gold /silver only.............be there .10...find anything.....?
Comeup with a easy, working design on the xcalibur to change out the coils for Bigscoop, these are IP69k!!..........5
And design and build the Skillies UW Headphones for the excalibur ..100% water proof, easy install, endcap to Headphones, ..Gortex/150Ω speakers..almost there...will they work...testing...
2013.jpg

chuckie

Nov 12, 2012
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Garret Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey OBN, we'll be looking at the Bethany Beach, Ocean View area when the time comes. Keep me posted on your move.

Let me know about those headphones for the Excal! Good luck

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
chuckie
Hey OBN, we'll be looking at the Bethany Beach, Ocean View area when the time comes. Keep me posted on your move.

If the house sells, I'm gone..it will be a summer/early fall hang out. I looked at a few 2 bedroom, 2 bath townhomes...200+, very nice and the taxs..are cheap. I'll need a huntiing partner too, one that is retired.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the house sells, I'm gone..it will be a summer/early fall hang out. I looked at a few 2 bedroom, 2 bath townhomes...200+, very nice and the taxs..are cheap. I'll need a huntiing partner too, one that is retired.
:thumbsup:OBN(Joe) Add me in your group hunting:occasion14: I'm very fast and masther of detecting. And you have many technology and knowledge, that's what i need. We share the spend:laughing7: Good luck:2barsgold:

Last edited:

zackattack123

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just want to find something of value because I'm only 13 and am brand new to the hobby.

chuckie

Nov 12, 2012
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Garret Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
zackattack123 said:
I just want to find something of value because I'm only 13 and am brand new to the hobby.

You will! I wish there were metal detectors like we have now when I was 13! My mom would have never kept me in the house. Just have patience, listen to your machine, dig everything and you'll find things that will amaze you. You'll have a hobby for life.

Good luck and HH!

FriscoT06

May 2, 2011
Hatteras Island, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II (retired), Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Top of my list, and lifetime goal- 1700's or older silver/gold shipwreck coin.
Happy Hunting to all! :icon_thumleft:

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
To find 1 piece of gold any kind, did not find any in 2012.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread