Your 2013 Treasure Hunting Related Goals?

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sometime in 2013 , i would like to see someone win your 1-300 contest.:tongue3:
chuck.

icatchbigcats

Dec 2, 2012
Just south of the Canadian border
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, E-Trac, Explorer SE, Quatro, Whites PI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
57 gold rings is my goal for 2013, why 57? My current gold ring case holds 72 rings and right now it only has 15 rings in it and I need to fill it. Unfortunately I live in an area where the swimming season is about 2 months so I will have to hit almost every swimming area in a 250 mile radius to fill that order, should be a fun summer...... if it ever gets here.....

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
57 gold rings is my goal for 2013, why 57? My current gold ring case holds 72 rings and right now it only has 15 rings in it and I need to fill it. Unfortunately I live in an area where the swimming season is about 2 months so I will have to hit almost every swimming area in a 250 mile radius to fill that order, should be a fun summer...... if it ever gets here.....

hit sportsfields and totlots.
chuck.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finds more than last years or the first record of gold in the World:laughing7:

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On New Years Eve, I went to a school close to my my house and found a 14k ring with an unknown stone (sort of red but almost purple) w/ what looks like diamond chips. the ring is a size 1 1/2. Ring was my 20th gold ring for the year. Woo Hoo. Things I want to do this year:
Spend an entire week at the beach. ( find a KOA camp and make it my base camp to detect other beaches)

Find more than 20 gold rings. (I figured at least 2 gold a month)

More old silver

This hobby has become an obsession. It's not only fun but really addictive. Last year I was at Santa Monica Beach and found what I thought was a woman's cosmetic case. turned out to be a case that held chop sticks. Very ornate case. When you find things weather they be of value or strange, it makes you feel like a kid discovering major treasure. Yep I love this hobby. HH All GFP Happy New Year, Gold Luck To All

Mainelypulltab

Aug 26, 2011
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Hope to have as much fun as I did in 012. Would like to get to know my machine better than what I do now by trying some different settings I learned from some folks on here. PP with the Excal II will take some time to get used to but I am willing to give it more time. Best of luck to all and hope everyone can achieve their goals.

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just started beach hunting in April 2012. My goals are simple......apply everything Ive learned by reading, experience and this web site.....and double my gold finds in 2013.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Life goal and for the year: Understand others opinions that differ from mine. Apply compassion and empathy without letting it overwhelm me.

Metal detecting goal: Meditate and enjoy the ocean. Find more nickels then pennies.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to effectively counter those deep summer sands this year. That is my #1 detecting goal. Already been working on that for months now. And, I want to triple my gold count of this past year.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goal is to follow my bliss and enjoy each and every treasure hunt as if it is the best hunt ever. Just having the health and freedom to go out and do it is what is important.

I take great comfort and enjoyment in Kimos Rules, which is purposely written in all Caps. It is an Island way of looking at things.

Kimos Rules:

NEVER JUDGE A DAY BY THE WEATHER

THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE AREN'T THINGS

TELL THE TRUTH-THERE'S LESS TO REMEMBER

SPEAK SOFTLY AND
WEAR A LOUD SHIRT

GOALS ARE RELATIVE -
THE UNAIMED
ARROW NEVER
MISSES.

HE WHO DIES
WITH THE MOST TOYS -
STILL DIES

AGE IS RELATIVE -
WHEN YOU'RE OVER
THE HILL YOU PICK UP
SPEED.

THERE ARE 2 WAYS
TO BE RICH - MAKE
MORE OR DESIRE LESS.

BEAUTY IS INTERNAL -
LOOKS MEAN
NOTHING.

NO RAIN - NO
RAINBOWS

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Goals, huh? Well...Keep the ol' arthritis at bay. My son says it can be reversed with the proper diet....sure would be neat if that was true. Those darn knees...argh!

My main goal is to just keep enjoying myself and appreciating whenever I do find something worthwhile besides sunshine and exercise and the occasional bikini. (If they're showing...I'm a looking!)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking to put in record hours either pursuing leads or swinging a detector. Not a deal breaker, but some gold would be nice.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to beat last years totals and I want to find my first plat...but as long as Im hunting, Im happy.

smuggy

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Excalibur/ Excalibur II / Whites PI Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I sure would like to move closer to the beach. The three hour ride each way makes for a long day after a six hour hunt. I enjoy every minute on the beach, even when the finds are scarce.

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find a legal place to water hunt with my excal.A place that is truly exciting and adventures.I had the feeling for 6 days until the ranger said they were changing the rules and no more detecting.I live on the west coast in the valley.I may have to relocate:dontknow:

chuckie

Nov 12, 2012
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Garret Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since I live 2-3 hours from the beach, I resolve to try turf hunting. I've only done it once but I hope to make it a regular part of my detecting while stil getting to the beach as often as possible.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
always wanted to get into it. This year will buy my first detector and am planning a florida beach vacation. no plans to get rich just find interesting things

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I live 2-3 hours from the beach, I resolve to try turf hunting. I've only done it once but I hope to make it a regular part of my detecting while stil getting to the beach as often as possible.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!
Turf detecting is the only thing that keeps me sane until I can get back to the beach!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread