2 DAY LAKE WINNIPEG HUNT

Got back from hunting a few beaches on lake Winnipeg. If anyone is not familar with this lake, look on a map of N.America and compare it's size to the Great lakes. It's close to their size. Anyway, here in Manitoba we have had below normal precipitation all year, and water levels are low. For lake Winnipeg, add a few days of strong southerly winds and the south basin pushes out, and several beaches have sand exposed where normally there is up to 6 feet of water. Cranking the sensitivity to the max on my 1266x, my 2 day total was:15 twoonies, 24 loonies, 75 quarters, 64 dimes, 28 nickels, pennies- who cares. Total change: over $85. Silver: 12 rings, a chain, a pendant, 3 earings, 2 large beads. Gold: 6 rings, and a pendant, all 10k and two 14k. Also lots of junk jewelry and a Buck Knife. I've had better trips and I've had worse.This one's not bad!
Anybody who lives near Lake of the Woods, should check it out, water levels are down the lowest ever in decades! Also I found that using a paste called Twinkle, takes that heavy black tarnish off coins and jewelry.
You still find this in some supermarkets and I use the copper paste which works on everything. Don't use it on old coins! Dave.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D
No Fred, I detected at Grand Beach and Patricia Beach. The winds shifted west today and the lake is close to normal again. Are you talking about Hillside Beach? Do people go to Elk Island?
LOL. Dave.

Fred

Apr 3, 2003
Princeton,BC,Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
You are right about it being Hillside and Elk Island used to be a very popular resort. At one time you could drive right on to it. There should be lots of lost silver there. Fred

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions