We CAN and SHOULD do more!

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We CAN and SHOULD do more!

Metal detecting manufacturers and suppliers have done an excellent job in providing free/inexpensive pouches to haul away the found trash we have dug up to create a more favorable public image. Also forums and users groups have done an excellent job in educating detectorists to do so.

However, if we just take along an additional larger sack/pack, which could easily be dragged at the beach, or packed on land we would be able to not only remove unsightly aluminum, plastic, and glass bottles which litter our beautiful beaches and landscape at little effort we would make a few extra bucks on the recycles as well.
So what is stopping you from doing so?
It sure beats going home skunked!

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
everyone should either use PI's or hunt in all metal and take all the trash out
but thats not going to happen
I wish the T-net or some forum would have a person/place
we all could send our pulltabs to each year and donate them to charity
(Im not volunteering)
like the shrinners or whatever - withthe 1000s of people here
it would add up to something and would look good if we brought it to the media's attention
when they are handed over
wish there was an easy way we could do the same with all of our pennies - especially the beat up salt water ones and
exchange them at the mint or whatever and donate that money too - but mailing those would be a prob - pulltabs would nt be much

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm not mistaken, Ronald McDonald house in S. Fl may still take pulltabs. Our club used to donate all brought in, in the past.
I am ALWAYS taking glass to the trashcan. I can not stand glass on the beach!

Oh, once, a friend was taking something to the trashcan, still detecting and found a diamond ring next to the trashcan.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
everyone should either use PI's or hunt in all metal and take all the trash out
but thats not going to happen
I wish the T-net or some forum would have a person/place
we all could send our pulltabs to each year and donate them to charity
(Im not volunteering)
like the shrinners or whatever - withthe 1000s of people here
it would add up to something and would look good if we brought it to the media's attention
when they are handed over
wish there was an easy way we could do the same with all of our pennies - especially the beat up salt water ones and
exchange them at the mint or whatever and donate that money too - but mailing those would be a prob - pulltabs would nt be much
That's what our local detector club does....tabs and zincolns go to Ronald McDonald house.

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I belong to Riverside Treasure Hunters Club. Last year we donated 42,000 pull tabs to Ronald McDonald. Seems all of us in the club that go out regularly save the pull tabs. It does't take much. I keep one of those green bags in the back of my truck for trash and a coffee can for pull tabs. When the can is full I take it in. It's not only good public relations but it does help those in need. HH All GFP

ctbob

Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree whole heartedly. I take what I can, and am looking for a bigger pouch to take even more. i'm thinking of a double shotgun shell pouch for some of the bigger stuff. As far as doing more, I have another grip that could be held against us in the future. Since sandy, the beaches I hunt are filled with holes other detectors didn't fill in. It's not just one, because the holes are all different sizes, and sometimes as close 6 feet apart for long stretches. Lazy people like this really piss me off.

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i was hunting ST.PETE beach last year. i saw a guy re fill his hole with the same junk in the bottom.
i asked why and he said why should i look stupid digging trash and the next guy doesnt?
THAT, my friends is the brain power we are up against!

good luck, jack

CSMPEREZ

Sep 9, 2012
St. Pete, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 and II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunt St. Pete as it is my home. I never leave trash I find, my mentor taught me better!! It's like leaving a hole in wet sand without covering it back up!! It's called Treasure Hunting etiquette. Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread