firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beachcam 1.jpg I just can't seem to get there often enough, web cams will have to do...

Upvote 0

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Irving,Tx. and the beach,boy if your not from Texas,one might think that Irving is a coastal town?
What part of the Texas coast do you like? I have always like Rockport and Port A.

OP
OP
firemac

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Irving,Tx. and the beach,boy if your not from Texas,one might think that Irving is a coastal town?
What part of the Texas coast do you like? I have always like Rockport and Port A.
we're over in Galveston county on Bolivar peninsula, next trip down, I'm going over to Brazos Port and give the beach there a shot, and we like to imagine Irving as a coastal town (keeps us sane!)

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very inviting photo, firemac.

I like that "trough" ( I think there is a more exact name for that small body of water amid the sand, but I can't remember what it is)

Hope you can get there soon and enjoy finding the hidden treasures there.

Lorraine

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Very inviting photo, firemac.

I like that "trough" ( I think there is a more exact name for that small body of water amid the sand, but I can't remember what it is)

Hope you can get there soon and enjoy finding the hidden treasures there.

Lorraine

The area that runs parallel with the water's edge is called a runnel and the area that runs perpendicular to the water's edge is a rip channel. As beach hunter's, we commonly call them a ripple trough

OP
OP
firemac

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dailypic2.jpg
The area that runs parallel with the water's edge is called a runnel and the area that runs perpendicular to the water's edge is a rip channel. As beach hunter's, we commonly call them a ripple trough

this one was posted by a neighbor this morning

Fitzwilk

Jan 6, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. Lots of rip channels and runnels here in Daytona beach. Some of the runnels can get quite deep with pools up to 3 1/2 feet from what I've seen so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread