ExcaliburII 800 and ExcaliburII 1000 factory tuning/optimization/algorithms

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question regarding factory algorithms/optimization/tuning of Excalibur II metal detectors:

Does the Excalibur II 800 and Excalibur 1000 use the same signal processing algorithms or is there a difference?

Does the factory tune the Excalibur II 800 to be optimized with the hardwired 8" search coil to detect smaller size objects.

Does the factory tune the Excalibur II 1000 to be optimized with the hardwired 10 " search coil to detect larger size objects.

Upvote 0

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good question! Not knowing anything about algorithms, I often wonder if the factory set up has given me a handicap???

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Who cares... just turn it on and enjoy the hobby.

wallhanger124

Greenie
Jan 17, 2013
Vineland, NJ
Detector(s) used
Excal2 and Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question regarding factory algorithms/optimization/tuning of Excalibur II metal detectors:

Does the Excalibur II 800 and Excalibur 1000 use the same signal processing algorithms or is there a difference?

Does the factory tune the Excalibur II 800 to be optimized with the hardwired 8" search coil to detect smaller size objects.

Does the factory tune the Excalibur II 1000 to be optimized with the hardwired 10 " search coil to detect larger size objects.
That's a good question, especially for the people that swap the coils out on their excals for bigger ones. If I were to guess, I would think that the processors are the same.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the excal is basically a waterproof sovereign, the sovereign uses multiple coils!!!! same with a cz20/21 being a waterproofed cz5. on your land machines you do not have to send the unit in every time you switch coils, right!
i would say it makes no difference which coil is used, the machine is not tuned to a particular coil.
call minelab and ask to speak with a tech, ask them.
chuck.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Does the Excalibur II 800 and Excalibur 1000 use the same signal processing algorithms or is there a difference? Same PCB/main boards.

Does the factory tune the Excalibur II 800 to be optimized with the hardwired 8" search coil to detect smaller size objects. No, not like the Blisstool where every coil is tuned for that machine, Each excalibur part meets factory standards and all are within Factory Tolerances. No scopes used to fine tune.

Does the factory tune the Excalibur II 1000 to be optimized with the hardwired 10 " search coil to detect larger size objects...Same as above...

Things have changed over the years, but still the same brains...BBS technology
SNAG-0003 (2).jpg
OBN0019.jpg

OBN0018.jpg 8.jpg

OP
OP
S

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx for the answer(s): Chuck, wallhanger, OBN - especially for the detailed technical information on the Excalibur II and tuning of the Blisstool.

Thank you for your compassion Shawn, glad that you had a good laugh!

I too like humor, and have great fun with my User Name: Sir Gala Clad as I get to laugh at myself each and every time I sign on. Like Sir Galahad, who sat on King Arthurs Round table, I too set off with the mighty Excalibur in search of the Holy Grail, but Instead of treasure my findings are mostly coins of clad.

As it is time to prepare for today's quest, I will leave with a favorite quote from Abraham Lincoln " It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions