My first finds, what a blast!

D

Darod

Well,

I just couldn't take it anymore! I purchased a detector last night on eBay and haven't received it yet. However, my Father-In-Law just got a Whites Beachhunter ID for XMAS and he let me borrow it for the day. I went down to a local park and just started hunting an pecking (after I read the manual and figured how to set it up,....I think :))

Well, I found some stuff,...clad mostly. But I did find an interesting item and I've included a pic of it here for everyone to see. Maybe someone has seen this before and can tell me what it's from or about how old they think it might be. Here's the pic;

dontmissthisonesml.jpg

here is a link to more photos;

http://www.ao-fl.com/myfinds/1_17_05/

Keep in mind everyone, this is the first time I've touched a metal detector so don't expect much :)

Rod

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Not bad for a !st find! Looks like a newspaper adver. stamp that's used when they set the type for printing. Congratulations! HH! :) 8)

OP
OP
D

Darod

Do you have any idea how old it may be? Just by looking at it? Check out the other pictures at the link.

The front I think is made of copper (very thin layer that the image in on), and the back is lead from what I can tell. The photos should both sides pretty clearly. I know nothing about the stamps you mentioned,....are these materials typical for stamps?

Rod

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Usually they're made out of linotype(lead w/a base metal mix to make it harder). Can't tell for sure the age but would guess 80's

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Very interesting the words on the stamp say "Don't Miss This One" and you didn't.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread