Shallow Water Huning -->Any leases south of the S-23 Besides the Jupiter Inlet Lease?

Atlas

Jan 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shallow Water Hunting ->Any leases south of the S-23 Besides the Jupiter Inlet Lease?

Hi All

New on this forum but a dedicated water hunter. I've hunted the treasure coast for years on vacations and am familiar with the salvage leases and staying out of the water in those areas etc. I have a bunch of the published books showing locations etc. I've also recently searched past posts on this subject on this forum and the web in general and collected all the info I can find.

However, I do have a few questions. For the Lat/long locations given what datum are they in, NAD 83, NAD 27, WGS etc. You need to have the correct datum in a GPS or match on Google earth for the locations to be accurate.

Back to my S-23 question. I like to shallow water hunt and my research has shown no leases south of the S-23 which ends around Nettles Island, with the exception of the Jupiter Inlet lease which I'm also aware of. So as an example I would conclude that shallow water hunting for coins/Jewlery would be O.K. at Jenson and Bathtube and points south with the exception of the Jupiter inlet area.

Just trying to confirm my conclusions with some people with the local knowlege.

I'm looking forward to testing out my new CTX with the 17" coil on the beach and see how deep it will go. Might work like a Sov with a WOT well see. All I know with sanded in conditions on the Treasure Coast beaches you need to go deep. I'd use the 11" or the Excal in the water just so everyone knows.

HH

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest: