Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I was out at high tide and as the tide started to go out the wind picked up and pushed the water higher. Water was too choppy to go waist deep unless you were willing to take a beating.

I must have dug 200-300 targets. Slim pickings in some areas, but if you listen to the sand it will guide you to the targets. I was hunting with SS, VCO, sensitivity all the way. I was digging DEEP. I brought the small pieces of trash home to prove to everybody that I went. I easily found 2 dozen bottlecaps and another 50 pieces of bigger slaw and crab pots that I emptied out of pockets into trash can several times. The shell is the coolest find. I am happy to share what I know.

Ps. Don't even think about calling me cupcake!
md 002.JPG md 003.JPG md 004.JPG

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Crispin,

I saw an early 60's pull tab in your photo. I've plucked a couple of them up as well, all after Sandy moved everything around. I can see the older stuff has resurfaced when the beaches changed.

Cool slaw in pic two, looks like a beaver.

Burldrives

Sep 26, 2011
St Petersburg Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
spent an hour before work this morning at Johns pass , an 18 inch wash out near the rocks all very soft sand must be sanded in buy 2 feet , time to go fishing
Burl

ryan cidlowski

Greenie
Jun 1, 2012
st.pete bch
Detector(s) used
jw fisher x8, jw fisher pulse 10, Aquasport 24' 1988 Trojan 13meter express, Baja sportjet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You just gotta go deeper but for that you warm water and some gear the bottom very had and things don't move much, old hotel on st pete beach blew in the water by a storm bach befor the the Don Cesar was there many artifacts out deeper.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to our Gulf Coast Beaches. Treasure Island , last time I was there was full of Slaw. madeira has not produced in a while. Not many people going in the water. Clearwater is loaded with beach goers but they are all in the sand. The only people in the water are the detectorist. Hunting in the sand is the best prospect right now but water hunting will improve as the water temp increases.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread