Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chuck, I'm in Central PA and was thinking the same thing, although I cannot answer your question. I need a metal detecting fix right now with all this cold weather, so I'm thinking of heading down to Coin Beach, Delaware next week and anywhere along the MD coast and do some detecting. Suppose to be in the 50's early next week down there........Rich

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay away from the areas that were the most heavily damaged and you should have no problems. Not sure the all of LBI would be ok. Areas N of there off limits for a while. S Jersey-AC on down should be ok. I was in OC, NJ a few weeks after the storm. Was like the MD bus let out. Still found some coins & plated jewelry.
Decided against CB in DE in early Dec. when I was in the area. They were moving sand that day. Went to another bch and found my 1st gold ring (w the xterra 705 anyway).

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even for Delaware or MD, don't you think this weekend will still be too cold? 35 degrees predicted for Saturday.

OP
OP
C

CHUCK IN PA

May 4, 2005
Bucks County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Gtzer!
Saturday is the last day of doe season here. so I'll be shivering in the woods instead of the beach!

Rich good luck in De. or Md.!

rustydigger

Aug 11, 2010
central jersey
Detector(s) used
whites v3i, bounty hunter tracker IV, whites bullseye II pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck most of the beaches are loaded with garbage from the storm but have heard some good reports here and there.

May 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been hunting Point Pleasant, Bradley Beach, Avon, Spring Lake and LBI since the storm. No problems detecting those beaches, although they're all dozed and it's hit and miss. Lots of older coins and a little jewelry. I believe most of the good finds are in the dozed piles. Belmar and Seaside will be off-limits for some time yet.

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Like posted above anything south of Island beach State Park is open. Pt Pleasant has never closed. North of Pt Beach is open for the most part. The 7 miles from Bayhead to Island beach is closed for the most part. I have had several hunts in that area and there was noting of great value to show for the days hunt! I have hunted in Belmar and that area since the storm and have had little trouble,m a few errant cops ( that own Detectors). What always causes the stop hunting for the day is the hunter that just has to walk to the pile of sand they are working on with the dozers! These are the same hunters leaving gaping holes all year so there's little we can do. They feel its the god giving right to do as they please!Like posted above all the beaches have been plowed up to form new dunes, the ocean has quickly filled the missing sand from both the dozers and stom.This in many area's was 10 to 15 feet. The day the storm passed and a few days after the storm wer and always the easy pickings. Now with sand being moved about it's a little harder to work things up. But by all means there is good targets still comming out each hunt. Saturday and sunday it should be really warm in the hight twentys and low thirtys. This week it was 10 in the mornings and 23 the hight the wind chill was 2 or below. Still I was out and found some silver and a fair amount of clad.
BCNJ

researcher

Tenderfoot
Jan 18, 2013
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was just on LBI. Nothing closed off. All beaches I checked have drastically shifted as to sand placement and replacement efforts. Barnegat light has seemed to have won the lion's share of sand from the storms. Much deeper that in past and finer sand than further south. Section just below Loveladies has been filled and worked with dozers where ocean washed through.
I found nothing but trash, but then I rank beginner. But no problems in accessing beaches on LBI. Stiff winter winds as usual!

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was at LBI a few weeks ago and it was definately no-go! More current reports tell a different story.

AC and south is completely open. AS BCNJ has posted the beaches have replenished themselves. Very hit or miss. Last reports from an everyday hunter who hunts AC and south, very sanded in conditions. But hey, that's not keeping him home. Good luck. Enjoy the balmy 20 degree weather!!!!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a gold coin at coin Beach, Delaware on Jan 12. They have been dozing that too, but are some good things mixed in with the pull tabs and fishing sinkers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread