720i Water Scoop

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video rwb83! I just got mine in the mail last week as well! Only used it one day so far out on the beach but not in the water, too damm cold here right now! It can move some material and it works well in the soft sand as well but it IS heavy.. Much better suited for the water as you said, unless you don't mind slinging it around. After a few hours the army holding and using the scoop was much more tired than the one swinging my minelab excal! As virginiabeachmax said, "That is a young man's scoop"!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the Best Scoops out there, .....only thing I would change would be the handle...fiber-glass...Knock off several ounces.....then maybe add a teather for ruff waters...And me, I would only use that scoop in the deep..to much even with a glass handle for us old goats to carry on the wetsand.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice scoop
image046.gif

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best scoop made so far.:icon_thumright:

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's a great scoop. Sandman, do you or do you know of anyone who has cut 1/4 in metallic chicken wire and zipped tied it to the inside of the scoop. I am thinking that 1/2 in holes in 720i might lose small items. What do you think? I may not cover the entire inside of scoop but only that very back and part of the lower side and then add magnet under the chicken wire. Also adding a shoulder strap with brass swivel clips connected. This way it is easier to carry and for the most part I drag the scoop behind me (bottom of scoop facing sand) to grid out the area and I can see where I have been

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a great scoop. Sandman, do you or do you know of anyone who has cut 1/4 in metallic chicken wire and zipped tied it to the inside of the scoop. I am thinking that 1/2 in holes in 720i might lose small items. What do you think? I may not cover the entire inside of scoop but only that very back and part of the lower side and then add magnet under the chicken wire. Also adding a shoulder strap with brass swivel clips connected. This way it is easier to carry and for the most part I drag the scoop behind me (bottom of scoop facing sand) to grid out the area and I can see where I have been

Zip tie? Why wouldn't you glue it?

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
I don't know. Why wouldn't I? Never thought of that. That is a good idea! If I use a hot glue gun, will the glue keep the chicken wire on with all the digging?

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gutter guard works well also. Good scoop .... i think my buddy is the only guy thats bent or broke one twice.

Dew

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
This is what I did so far. Traced stealth sand scoop and then outlined onto 1/4 Galvanized chicken wire fencing. Cut with snips and then I'm trying to figure out where to place magnets. Then use hot glue gun or what type of glue do you use for something like this?
Cheers,
Dan

image-962803071.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions