changed plans nets silver/turquoise

ctbob

Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm fortunate to live in an apartment/condo that has access to the beach, and I do most of my detecting in the general area. When I'm not detecting, I get my exercise by walking the beach among other things. It also alerts me to changes in the beaches for future hunts. Late yesterday afternoon, I was too lazy to suit up for a wet hunt with my cz21, and decided to go for a beach walk instead. About 100 yards down the beach I noticed a machine had dug into the remnants of a sanded in collapsed rock seawall, and the urge to detect got me. I turned around and quickly picked up my fisher F2, and a sand scoop and headed out. I decided to try some rocks at the bottom of the slop off my beach, and found my scoop wouldn't cut it here and moved to the muddy edge of the rocks. Almost immediately I get a hit, and can see a spec of turquoise in the mud. P1000276.JPG Not much more as I zig zaged my way in the wet sand toward my sanded in seawall. As I kind of suspected, nothing in the disturbed sand by the sanded in sea wall. P1000274.JPG I called it quits after an hour, thankful I changed my plans of walking, but wishing I took the time to gear up with my water machine. I don't know what the chain is, but there's a 925 stamp on back of turquoise.

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice goin' , Bob! :hello2:

I love the turquoise stone:headbang:

Lorraine

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i cant walk the beach without detecting... nice necklace!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really Nice,Thanks for sharing it with those of us still stuck in winter plunderland!!

HH John

OP
OP
C

ctbob

Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone. Firemac, in the summer, I always have a detector when I'm on the beach. But in winter there are times when the low tides are covered by darkness, and no fresh drops in the dry sand to make it worth my while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread