First Hunt With My Like New Excal 1000

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I went to the beach today with my new Excal 1000. I had a blast it was nothing like I thought it would be even with the stock shaft. I found 3 bucks in clad dug some pull tabs, bottle tops and some foil. I also got a ear ring stud. Got a small chirp and look on top of the ground and there the ear ring was. I don't think the piece in the stud is a diamond but if it is it is about 1 to 2 carat. Got to go find a diamond tester to see if it is real or not, will post picture if it is real. I hunted in pin point and use disc to see if it was iron, man I love that feature. I think I will be putting my Safari up for sale later on, the Excal for me just does so much better at finding nickels i got 4 today. Hope everybody had a good time on there hunts, I sure did on mine.

Update Ear ring did not have a Diamond in it. Junk ear ring. Oh well may be next time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good luck with your new Excal 1000, sandnut!

I hope that is a diamond in the stud; will be waiting for your up-date.

Lorraine

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Your going to be changing that name from sandnut to surfnut...very soon

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the setting of the earring....it will usually tell you a lot about the stone. Also, if its a real stone....that stud should be gold or other prec metal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions