Eyes Down

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I found a gold ring on the sand while detecting, but I still ran the detector over it before picking it up (to make it official).
I have also found interesting things on the streets when walking. I am always looking. Last week I found a brand new pair of earings and bracelet, junk, in a parking lot of a liquor store. A friend found a mans gold and diamond ring by the surf while walking...she sold it for $500.

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found gold and silver rings gold neckless and all kind of goodies I am always watching the ground while I metal detect and I have found a few arrowheads also

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always tease my daughter because she often finds more stuff with her eyes than I do with hours of metal detecting. I joke and tell her that some day I'm just going to tie her to a pole, swing her around, and wait for her to say "beep".

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Over several years of detecting, I have found a few pieces of jewelry either directly on top of the sand, or half -buried..... Proof that one's eyes definitely have to remain "glued" to the detecting area.

My husband, Hank ( who is not into metal detecting ) will sometimes accompany me to the beach and just take a stroll ahead of me; a few years ago on one of his "strolls", he headed back in my direction holding a beautiful 14 K "Black Hills " gold ring!

He had picked up a bunch of wet sea weed and noticed the ring entangled in the strands! :blob9:

Lorraine

Last edited:

snooksion

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
2 gold rings laying side by side.sunglasses, ipods, cash, clad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread