Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hunting buddy said he was going to hit the low tide today so of course i invited myself. He just bought a sweet old blue Xcal 8" that i told him about. Man that things made better than the Xcal II. He hunted with it a couple of times now grabbing a heavy beauty last week while i did the walk of shame to the jeep.

ROAD TRIP and i was first to hit that COLD deep water. We made a plan and not long into the hunt i grabbed my first gold.... 10K (5 g) with 12 diamonds (tested). We were hunting toward each other to finish up the beach and got close enough for the detectors to start talking. He yanked off his headphones and said ..... man ive got to pee soooo bad. So out of the water and up the hill he headed. I got to his location and oh oh..... one more swing, just one more swing and he would have grabbed the 14K (5.3 g) band. He got back and i told him.... you ever see that deer in the head lights look:icon_biggrin:? I told him next time i guess hes going to get that wet suit really wet.

All in all good day with 4 silver and 2 gold.

Dew

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 0
OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BS.... sometimes this sand piling up isnt a bad thing here. it separates the targets and if that sand was pushed up against the beach leaving hard pan some of those targets drop out. But you have to be able to move past that loose sand to the hard pan or we will have to wait for the waves to cut it back..... then its timing.

Dew

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dewcon, I appreciate the more than generous offer but am gonna half to pass on that one! Good luck and keep on diggin them keepers!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Nice Dew, I'm not sure how I missed this post..Fine looking rings..

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good job Dew! Maybe next time you go you might buy your friend a cup of coffee...:laughing7:

HH to you Dew!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread