cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run mine wide open all the time here in SoCal. A couple time when I was near some EMI I would turn the sensitivity knob until it went away but that's it.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I start at 6 senstivity, then once I find a faint, I will adjust as needed...most of the time up,.... condition, water temps, time of year will dictate what one can get away with.
OBN0001.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every beach is different, different parts of the same beach is different, concentrations of black sand and salt content willl vary as well... Ther eis no one set it and go settings.... I will readjust mine several times when I hunt, it is tuning just like tuning and other electronic device....

OBN, dave is putting the reverse descrimination on the handle on my 2nd excal now..... I decided I wanted it on both of mine so incase I loaw one to someone or one needs repair the other will have it.........

I use no descrimination.

Sensitivity I tune to between 10 and 2pm (old style excal)

Volume 3/4

Threshold is a wisper like a tiny misquito in my ear.

I switched between pp and disc, but with the new mods I will be in PP and switch to disc to see if target nulls....

Basically about the same settings you use it looks like...

One excal has the WOT, the other has the SEF Butterfly 12"x15" coil, they go deep, and I personally have no problem hunting with them in the water, I am use to them.... I have not hunted with a 10 inch coil at beach in 2.5 years at least....

If I know I am not going in the water I switch to my Sovereign GT with the SEF Butterfly 15"x18" coil to hunt the wet sand......

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
OBN, dave is putting the reverse descrimination on the handle on my 2nd excal now..... I decided I wanted it on both of mine so incase I loaw one to someone or one needs repair the other will have it.........
I seen one of daves jobs, very nice....clean. And congrads, it will change the way you hunt....
SEF Butterfly 15"x18"
That is one big coil!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run mine much the same as OBN. The "whisper" setting of the threshold is also an accurate description, sometimes I even turn mine down to even a lower whisper after I've gotten use to it. You just want it to be right on that edge of being able to hear it.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed he said he hunts in PP..... in that case you can crank up the sensitivity. I run mine in 9 just because it gets chattery sometimes if you have to switch back to disc to check a target. The deeper you go the more chatter you will get switching back. If you hunt disc ..... falsing normally dictates sensitivity for me.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread