bbcamay

Dec 29, 2012
Summerville, SC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff-gordon said:
hmmm, thought I was clear. to area from Pawley Island SC to Vero Beach FL. will decide on road depending on where it's warm enough for tshirt and shorts

Yea but that is like an 8 hour drive. You don't have an actual destination? You will be right by neck of the woods!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bbcamay,

Be afraid.....be very afraid and just hope he doesn't have a two toned gold/silver tooth....lol.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,....sounds like an adventure type trip, just hit the road and go with whatever each new day offers you. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff,....sounds like an adventure type trip, just hit the road and go with whatever each new day offers you. :icon_thumleft:

yep, just point me to the horizon

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea but that is like an 8 hour drive. You don't have an actual destination? You will be right by neck of the woods!

actually, pawley island is 13 hours from here and vero beach is 17. and I am known for fast driving

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bbcamay,

Jeff will probably just drive until he gets lost and head to the nearest beach....it's a guy thing we never ask for directions.....but you probably know that already....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Who needs directions? how can you miss the ocean?

Carla705

Jan 27, 2013
Santa Rosa, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill...Thanks I will be ordering a copy.

Also just to understand this better. When you arrive at the beach, what kind of signs do you look for to choose where to begin hunting.
If the tide is high do you head for the dry sand and hit the wet sand at low tide? Are you looking at how the waves are hitting the beach, ie.. the water is coming up higher in some areas than others? Do you concentrate on areas where people would have their blankets etc..out? Our water here is cold. I guess what I'm asking is do you actually try to read the beach, and if so, what are you looking for?

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah what she said

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Carla,

This is like 20 questions.....if I get them all right do I get a passing grade????

Heck sometimes I have a hard time remembering what I had for breakfast....lol.

All kidding aside....I'm not much of a beach hunter....truth be known.....I've been detecting about 20 years pretty much urban green spaces so I've done ok and have a pretty good feel on how to find the goodies....

I've read many books on detecting over the years and Gary Drayton's is probably the best I've read.....he covers all your questions and more....it's well worth the price.

Good luck on your future beach exploits.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill...Thanks I will be ordering a copy.

Also just to understand this better. When you arrive at the beach, what kind of signs do you look for to choose where to begin hunting.
If the tide is high do you head for the dry sand and hit the wet sand at low tide? Are you looking at how the waves are hitting the beach, ie.. the water is coming up higher in some areas than others? Do you concentrate on areas where people would have their blankets etc..out? Our water here is cold. I guess what I'm asking is do you actually try to read the beach, and if so, what are you looking for?

bbcamay

Dec 29, 2012
Summerville, SC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff-gordon said:
actually, pawley island is 13 hours from here and vero beach is 17. and I am known for fast driving

So wait, you don't live within these places??? Are you visiting family? Going on a work trip?

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So wait, you don't live within these places??? Are you visiting family? Going on a work trip?

(guessing she's blonde) bb note under my avatar it says indy???? and it's called a vacation ( if you are fishing, yes I work and am not retired)

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bbcamay/jeff,

You two are breaking me up....ROFL......it's like the "who's on first skit"....lucky I swallowed before I read these posts....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bbcamay/jeff,

You two are breaking me up....ROFL......it's like the "who's on first skit"....lucky I swallowed before I read these posts....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Tell me about it. I'm beginning to think she's 12 or something. does anyone do age verification around here?

bbcamay

Dec 29, 2012
Summerville, SC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just can't fathom going somewhere 17-18 hours away from home for vacation with no definite plans on where I will be staying or what I'll be doing.

Where will you stay? You'll just get a hotel room that night and not book it ahead of time?

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just can't fathom going somewhere 17-18 hours away from home for vacation with no definite plans on where I will be staying or what I'll be doing.

Where will you stay? You'll just get a hotel room that night and not book it ahead of time?

8-) hold on a sec. are you FBI? or Homeland security? I'm not answering anymore questions without seeing your ID. I know my rights

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
have you never heard of a laptop and expedia? or travelocity?

bbcamay

Dec 29, 2012
Summerville, SC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff-gordon said:
8-) hold on a sec. are you FBI? or Homeland security? I'm not answering anymore questions without seeing your ID. I know my rights

I am just too OCD to not have plans for a trip like that. I don't think I have ever booked a hotel the night I needed it. Tickets, events, activities are always planned in advanced and if my family would allow me, I would schedule something for every hour of the day when we are on vacation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread