Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my first return for the year. I had just came from the beach it was to deep to hunt with the current tides. So grabbed an Ice tea and had just sat down when the phone rang. It was my daughter-in-law who works for a local resort area. She asked me if i was busy and would i mind helping someone who lost her wedding ring. My first question was.... was it in the water. No thank god. Next question is she sure she lost it on the beach before i come down there. She knows exactly where she lost it. Appears she was rubbing lotion on her hand and moving chairs. So i loaded back up and headed to the beach. The young lady was still crying and asked me if i though i could finds it. I assured her if it was there we would find it. She showed me approximately where she was and on the third swing ..... i said there it is. So whats she do.... starts digging and moved the ring around :BangHead:. I said woooo painter let me find it again and ill scoop it up for you. Handed her the scoop and said is this yours? She started crying again and for some reason used a couple of 4 letter words. Grabbed it and my neck at the same time. another one for the good guys. It was a sweet ticket..... 1 caret with 4 other large stones all in white gold. Nothing like that sound when it passes under the Xcal. She offered me some money...... but i told her no i came because my daughter-in-law asked me to not for the money. Sooooo hopefully i got me some Karma coming next time out. Man ive got to remember my camera..... but i was just excited to go find a ring.

Dew

Upvote 0

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Dew, that's one for you. HH

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG.... awesome story..
HH

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Returns are always fun and there is nothing like knowing there is a ring there are you are going to find it...nice return.

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookin..... that was the easy one. The ones that do get me thou are those who THINK they lost it here.... then say well maybe it was in the water..... oh and it was last week lol. I try to ask a lot of questions before i get very excited about looking. I was glad to see how happy the lady was and even more so it made my daughter-in-law happy to have been able to help by knowing someone like me. She keeps saying she is going to get a detector and i can teach her how to use it. May answer.... im an expensive teacher.....

Dew

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job! How many returns did you have for 2012?

I had a few for last year and when they get really emotional I start to run, because deep down I'm a big softy. I don't mind the hugs though.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's a great story!..and that's great detecting!

Congrats on finding that ring!:hello2:

Lorraine

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i sent back 4 class rings to kids still in school.... those are the only ones i chase down. Then i had 3 or 4 on the spot ring finds. I think everyone looses count the amount of times you get asked to look for something out there. Im out there for the fun of it so i dont see these as a waste of time..... there is always tomorrow.

Dew

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool! Did a day trip to Venice beach today. First time there. Found teeth...:laughing7:

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Les i can sure use a little .... i sure wasnt living right last month, maybe this month will improve.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread