Beach Bust

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went to New Symrna Beach today for my first time out since the 2013 year began. I prefer shallow water hunting but 68 degree water is a little chilly for me. I've outgrown my wet suit so will be looking for a replacement soon. Anyway I loaded everything I needed from my truck into my Beach Rig. I need a milk crate to sit on every 30 minutes to give my legs a rest, getting old sucks. I have a big orange tie to hold the scoop in place and I drop the hip mount over it and place the coil in the basket and away I go. Have my little soft pack cooler for my water and snack.
Some tourists nearby pointed out a spot that they had observed a man on the ground clawing the sand like he lost something. I did a grid search and came up empty handed. Whatever it was, it most likely was recovered. I walked the wet sand for about 2 hours for 3 pennies. At least I wasn't skunked and it sure beat walking on a treadmill at the gym.
As I was preparing to leave, I heard sirens on the beach and walked over to the rail expecting that someone had drowned. No, it was an idiot who drove in and out of the surf line in his Honda Civic with JESUS across his windshield. Beach patrol pulled him over and the driver got into a tussle with the officers and the SHTF. He was in a headlock between 3 Beach officers and more on the way. He was cuffed and placed in back of squad car why I labeled this as Beach Bust. I shot some footage with my Iphone and sent it to my Youtube account and it'll be listed as Beach Bust.

Attachments

• My Beach Rig.jpg
    My Beach Rig.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 220
Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been from Daytona to the Cape and everything is sanding in pretty badly right now. From what I hear it's that way all up and down the coast.

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
WOW What a great idea for resting! They replaced the lifeguard stations in my area and that is where I used to rest. The new ones don't have a place to sit. Once I get down on the ground.... I can barely get back up so sitting is out of the question. I think I am going to take your idea and make a rig like that for me! Once I'm in the water I can walk pretty good and can hunt for a while but on the dry sand... I just can't do it anymore. Thanks for the picture and the idea!

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nothing like drunks on a beach to liven up dull day. A few years ago I saw a drunk drive his Lincoln Town Car rental across a beach and into the water. Scratch one Lincoln from the rental fleet. LEO had to pull the guy from the ocean where he decided to swim after doing his uboat commander move.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to New Symrna Beach today for my first time out since the 2013 year began. I prefer shallow water hunting but 68 degree water is a little chilly for me. I've outgrown my wet suit so will be looking for a replacement soon. Anyway I loaded everything I needed from my truck into my Beach Rig. I need a milk crate to sit on every 30 minutes to give my legs a rest, getting old sucks. I have a big orange tie to hold the scoop in place and I drop the hip mount over it and place the coil in the basket and away I go. Have my little soft pack cooler for my water and snack.
Some tourists nearby pointed out a spot that they had observed a man on the ground clawing the sand like he lost something. I did a grid search and came up empty handed. Whatever it was, it most likely was recovered. I walked the wet sand for about 2 hours for 3 pennies. At least I wasn't skunked and it sure beat walking on a treadmill at the gym.
As I was preparing to leave, I heard sirens on the beach and walked over to the rail expecting that someone had drowned. No, it was an idiot who drove in and out of the surf line in his Honda Civic with JESUS across his windshield. Beach patrol pulled him over and the driver got into a tussle with the officers and the SHTF. He was in a headlock between 3 Beach officers and more on the way. He was cuffed and placed in back of squad car why I labeled this as Beach Bust. I shot some footage with my Iphone and sent it to my Youtube account and it'll be listed as Beach Bust.
Do you pull that with you as you hunt or just use it for a base station?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions